Juiceman

2 hours ago, Juiceman said:

Well, Anthias have a bad mortality rate anyway.

And I have been purposfully trying some that are finicky in the first place.

I wouldn't attribute it to quality of water but stress of medication and shipping.

1 set had velvet which killed several, 2 sets were riddled with flukes which caused a few to die from secondary infections.

I'm learning about how to treat and diagnose better along the way as well. There are a few I could have saved had I known what I know now about what certain things look like.

Wow, this doesn't sound like the vendor I'll be using. :-) I hope you got your money back on the fish that were diseased!

So here's a question for you frag tank owners and sump frag area people.

Why is it that my Juicemans blue and Red Robin stays look green or brown under the radion and look the correct blue or red under the ATI and they're plumbed into the same water?

16446e6057a266973946650db00f839a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here's a question for you frag tank owners and sump frag area people.

Why is it that my Juicemans blue and Red Robin stays look green or brown under the radion and look the correct blue or red under the ATI and they're plumbed into the same water?

16446e6057a266973946650db00f839a.jpg

Exactly why I try to stick to the same lighting setup between frag area and DT. Acros just take a bit to transition between lighting setups and different spectrums. Also, flow could be a big variable as well.

Exactly why I try to stick to the same lighting setup between frag area and DT. Acros just take a bit to transition between lighting setups and different spectrums. Also, flow could be a big variable as well.

I would be totally on a 1' ATI if it existed!

• 2 weeks later...

Well.. went on a cruise for spring break so I setup a house/dog/fish sitter who would feed the fish and dogs.

Set up 4 Coral watchers who were supposed to come by and make sure the system was running correctly since my house sitter wouldn't have a clue if anything was wrong.

Came home to a hot tank and a return pump that was sucking air.

Turns out 3/4 coral watchers didn't go by and the one that did went 2 days ago and didn't catch that the ATO had been turned off.

So at least since Wednesday, the corals and fish haven't been going through the sump, so no chiller, skimmer, GFO, carbon, or heat.

a7fcadf4a5fdb158bf08b3288693ed68.jpg

Casualties that I know of are Powder Brown Tang and porcupine puffer. The puffer was dead and rotting directly below the tunze that was pointed at my SPS rack.... great.

9d9b6f65cfcfcdea9a4ecc4cac04347a.jpg

So of course several SPS were dead or pissed. Had to pull several and chop up several.

MIA Fish are Emporer Angel, Tomini Tang, Kole Tang. Time will tell if this is the end or if more will die in the mean time.

Everything is back running correctly so hopefully that's the end of it.

No updates in my email on the new tank.... they need to hurry up... this tub will be the death of me.

Dang bud...that is terrible.  I'd be irate with the "watchers" if I were you!

You've been at this a lot longer than I have, so take my unsolicited advice fwiw, but were I in your shoes, I'd sell every remaining fish away and focus on your corals while the new tank is installed.  Would hate to think about the amount of money that you've invested in [now dead] fish over the last year or so.

That's a real bummer Rory. That's basically my worst nightmare there, go out of town and come back to a mostly dead tank!

Let me know when you're back up and running and if I don't kill everything in the move, I'll replace anything you got from me.

• Like 2

That's a real bummer Rory. That's basically my worst nightmare there, go out of town and come back to a mostly dead tank!

Let me know when you're back up and running and if I don't kill everything in the move, I'll replace anything you got from me.

It looks like I'm over the hump of the losses, algae has already began subsiding and the remaining fish seek unaffected. This tank needs to hurry up...