Juiceman

Looks nice, congrats. You aren't adding water without your plumbing done, am I seeing some odd trick of the reflection?

You are seeing correct. I'm beginning to fill it so I can rebuild my rockscape and put my sand in prior to running it through the full system.

My tub is still plumbed into the sump and will continue to be until the rock and sand test as ready.

Everything will be hooked back up and ready as I let this process take place. All the holes are drilled in the same place, so all I have to do is re-silicone the bulkheads and I'm in business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7cf097fbcc594f06800f05f5eb2a8949.jpg

Day 1 stopping place.

To Do list.
1.) Make lots of water. - I plan on having it at least half full by Wednesday.
2.) Silicone the overflows and returns back on.
3.) I'll be building the rock scapes Thursday or Friday.
4.) Add sand Saturday morning, lots of bacteria and maybe a bottle or two of pods and what not.
5.) Remount and organize all Vortech and Tunze Wires to their final destinations once rocks and sand are done.
6.) have a slight cycle I'm sure, and once it tests out, I'll put a few Frags in and see what they do.

Gonna be a busy few weeks, but I hopefully won't do this again... ever (at least until the next house with a bigger tank!) [emoji51]

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Juiceman said:

You are seeing correct. I'm beginning to fill it so I can rebuild my rockscape and put my sand in prior to running it through the full system.

My tub is still plumbed into the sump and will continue to be until the rock and sand test as ready.

Everything will be hooked back up and ready as I let this process take place. All the holes are drilled in the same place, so all I have to do is re-silicone the bulkheads and I'm in business!

Ahh, that makes sense! I'm still test fitting all my equipment in my new stand before painting it this weekend. Almost done. Then I need to get some help swapping the old wood stand for the new steel tube stand. We both are busy with tank stuff. :-)

image1.JPG

Ok So I need opinions of what the Best option will be for flow

1.)MP60

2.)MP60

3.)MP40 Center

4.) Tunze 6055 Left

5.) Tunze 6055 Right

6.) OPT MP40 Left

7.) OPT MP40 RIght

Plan 1.jpg

Option 1 has the Optional MP40s on the inside back left and right.

Plan 2.jpg

Option 2 removes the extra MP40's and points the Tunze to the Back of the tank instead of up.

Plan 3.jpg

Option 3 has the MP40's tiered in the center of the tank but are blocked alot by the rock structures. (This is what I had before, not sure if it's worth using the MP40s there)

Thoughts..

One of the Tunze wasn't working when I started putting everything back together, and Roger at Tunze will have a new one for me to pickup on Monday (2 year warranty!) So I plan on having everything mounted and re organized on Monday night.

Welp... we have a problem.

Looks like they didn't check the height for their tank when we sent them the overflow and it's too low.

The water level won't cover the bottom of the trim...

5b902766e605d48a4c1289c0ef8f241e.jpg

Not sure what I'm looking at bud. So they cut the holes too high for this overflow so now it can't drain out of this overflow?

So... I gave them the measurements of my old tank. But I told them that their trim may be different so we fedex'd them one of the overflows so they could alter if need be.

They clearly didn't use the overflow I sent them and just cut the holes based on the measurements from my old tank.

So the holes right now put the overflows I have too low so the waterline will show under the tank trim...

• Like 1

Maybe you can ask glassholes if they can make a custom overflow to offset the difference?

That's exactly what I did.

They replied on Sunday that they can make me custom sized overflows to make up for the height difference.

Fish Gallery is making it right by giving a refund to me in the amount of the cost of the overflows.