Juiceman

Awaiting quotes from Reef Saavy, AGE, and DAS.

Anyone use them and can give me your experience?

So far

Reef Saavy told me 6 months, just waiting on price.

AGE said they'd have me a quote hopefully by today..

DAS nothing yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far

DAS nothing yet.

do you mean DSA?

I submitted quotes for the same footprint tank...

I don't want all the money and time I put into the new stand, skins, and organizing to go out the window...

Task for tonight is getting Tubs plumbed back into the sump so can keep levels stable and try my best not to lose anything...

So far

DAS nothing yet.

do you mean DSA?

Dutch Aquarium Systems

So far

DAS nothing yet.

do you mean DSA?

Dutch Aquarium Systems

I had one of those like 15 yrs ago...it was a reef ready but I had it set up as freshwater. I never had any issues with it. didn't know they were still making tanks.

Don't forget Planet - Gary at Aquadome did a great job ordering mine for me. Their glasswork was very good. Their overflow was not good, but it's easy to replace, I just put a ghost overflow on mine. I waited 15 months for my Reef Savvy, and they will tell you 6 months but I would not believe them :(

Don't forget Planet - Gary at Aquadome did a great job ordering mine for me. Their glasswork was very good. Their overflow was not good, but it's easy to replace, I just put a ghost overflow on mine. I waited 15 months for my Reef Savvy, and they will tell you 6 months but I would not believe them sad.png

+1 on planet...I had a 75g. Nice finish on the edges and silicone. Mine had an external overflow box.

Wow! So what happened Juice? Seams bust out of nowhere?

Basically.... at 5:00 am.... emptied just under half the tank by 5:45 when my girlfriend was coming downstairs to go to work.

From the looks of the leak, it popped the bottom front seam in 4 places.

Did Shane remove the existing seal in between the glass and then replace or did he just do the inside corner seal?

He removed the old and redid it.. I was there when we put the new pane on... it was new silicone for sure.

• Like 1

c7a28613a362818a11ef21e583ca3550.jpg

Well.... I thought about putting my tubs where the tank would have gone... but that presented the issue of not being able to monitor very well without pulling out a step stool every time I wanted to look at the coral and fish to see if everyone was good...

So I opted to move the QTs onto the tank stand and put the tubs back next to the tank....

When I went to Tractor supply today they didn't have any 100g tubs which would match what I already had... so I picked up the 150g one they had.

The plan was to send the water into the SPS bin and let it overflow into the fish bin, then the fish bin would overflow into the sump.

cd4401dfa3ca53a2eb8e97ec13fe56bf.jpg

Well.... it looks like everything fit into the 150g bin... so I may just keep it simple and do one big bin instead of 2.

Only issue is i don't think I can fit all my live rock in it...

I didn't finish tonight, but I'm at a stopping point with everything being in the tub, happy with good parameters and stable temp.

Will get to trying to plumb the tub in the the sump tomorrow.

Got quotes from AGE and Reef Saavy so far...

AGE said I could have my new tank in 7-8 weeks.

Reef Saavy said 6 months.. which from what I understand means a year.

So right now AGE is the winner... but I'm going to wait and see what he other companies say before I go for it.

• Like 1

Just put my down payment on a tank from AGE.

Same dimensions as my old display,

Black seams, PVC bottom, steel bracing. No cross bracing needed!

And they will drill it exactly like my old tank so I don't have to buy any new plumbing, fittings, equipment, or cut and re glue anything.

It will be delivered in 7-8 weeks.

Once it comes in, I can just put the overflows back on, and returns back on and get right back at it!

• Like 4

I was researching synergy and ghost overflows, etc... which was what they suggested...

That would mean redoing all of the plumbing and possibly having to get a new sump also, which would mean yanking out everything I just did over the last 5 months and starting over..

I'll start over one day again with some big monstrosity in my next house, but for now, I don't want to throw away everything I just bought and spent several months planning and working on.

I'd love to have gone with Reef Savvy but 6 months or more is just too long for my current situation, and not to mention $2000 more than AGE not including shipping.

The other thing that went out the window was my plan for fish that I was working on.

I had caught every fish out of the display with the exception of a Yellow Coris Wrasse...

I had post Qt a Hippo Tang, Midas Blenny, Shark Fin Wrasse, Melanarus Wrasse, 2 Purple Fire Fish, 2 Snowflake Clowns, and Ocdllaris Clown, and my lone surviving Cleaner Wrasse which had all gone through full QT and TTM... which I had to toss all together with the Yellow Coris... so all my Tank Transfers just went out the window....

My main precaution was velvet, which I for sure had from a Yellow Belly Hippo from Divers Den. But it doesn't appear to have survived after that... no signs on the Ocellaris Clown which I had in the display for the last 10 days and a Diamond Sleeper goby I had for the last 7.

Hopefully I can continue to not have any issues.