Juiceman

Awesome, you found one on DD? You must have snatched him up as soon as it went live because I never saw the sale post. Lucky dog! I'm not sure if everyone knows about this page, but Diver's Den lists what they feed their fish. The Moorish Idol isn't on the list, but I'm assuming that he follows the angelfish or butterflyfish diet. Have you tried feeding yet?

Guilty of clicking refresh over and over at 5:00.....

At this point I tried a mixture of pellets, mysis, brine, bloodworms, and Cyclopes.

No dice yet... but they might be acclimating to the tank still.

Idol didn't ship very good... so we'll see. 14 day guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh... did they bypass QT? [emoji12]

Nice, is the Moorish idol already eating?

They are Divers Den

DD doesn't really quarantine, they more condition.
I've had 0 issues with Divers Den fish and coral. So I'm pretty confident. And their customer service has always been great.

Going by what they said on their website it appears that they dip their fish. It doesn't say how often or when, but I'm guessing once before going into their DD section. They say that they run anti-parasitic medication constantly in their QT. That's what the website says and I cannot speak on whether or not that actually happens. I ordered an angelfish from DD last week and it came in recognizing people as a food source. Within an hour of going into the tank it was already approaching the glass when I walk up. That fish has been in captivity at least three weeks. Even if they don't medicate as some hobbyists would medicate, it's still worth it to order delicate species or finicky feeders if they come in trained to eat prepared foods. That is especially true for the 95% of people in the hobby that I would qualify as novice to competent levels of expertise. The other 5% of proficient and expert buyers may not benefit as much.

Disease Prevention
Fish, such as clownfish, prone to common parasitic ailments like Brooklynella hostilis, are given repeated freshwater baths that contain anti-parasite medication. Clownfish are quarantined for a minimum of four weeks at our facility before we offer them for sale. Other fish such as Angelfish, tangs, certain genus of wrasse, and several other specific species are given therapeutic saltwater baths. These baths contain praziquantel or other medications that eliminate flukes, protozoan, and parasites commonly found on wild fish.

To combat common bacterial infections such as Vibrio, therapeutic baths containing antibiotics such as kanamycin, nitrofurazone, Neomycin and other commercial antibiotics are given. Open wounds on fish are treated and healed with a special topical treatment. In addition to the baths, all quarantined fish are treated with copper sulfate and a 37% formaldehyde solution to combat Amyloodinium ocellatum and Cryptocaryon irritans.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well... only thing that made it was the wrasse. I think it was my fault, I put some carbon in the filter to clear up the water and didn't reup the meds, and everything went nuts within a day. Restarted all the meds again but the damage was already done.

Waiting to get the next set of fish

Looks sharp Juiceman! Who'd you get to make the panels?

A local Cabinet Company.

Man, sometimes I wish I had your tank budget! Looks awesome!
Definitely went over budget on this one..... smh

What it came down to was saving a little money and getting something that I'd change or have to spend more on later, Or just go ahead and spend the money of exactly what I need.

We all know that struggle. Might as well get the best

• Like 2

Well... a powder Blue might not be in my future... I've tried 2 in my reefing career.. both Divers Den and lost them both.

Not too concerned. I'm not really looking for super needy fish in the way I maintain my reef. I will be running an ich maintenance system, so if they can't work with that, it wasn't meant to be. :/

What's odd is I think it was caused by my lone surviving Magnificent Foxface. He was nipping at him and stressing him out. He was never aggressive with my previous fish population. Maybe he's the big dog for now?