Juiceman

Well.... looks like it was just hardcore ich or something else.

I got another Divers Den order of a yellow belly hippo, and some lyretail Anthias. Within 2 days the hippo was completely covered in ich!

Like I've never seen it that bad in my years of reefing. He was so bad that he couldn't see the next day and was running into corals. Needless to say he died along with the rest of the order. It looks like I may need to TTM all Divers Den from now on too.

My wrasses show no signs of desease, my clowns and foxface however do, just not that bad.

e93780f99e405c9948d5565d0dd1b7fc.jpg

I'm going to catch everything and go fishless for the 76 days, during which I'm going to set back up my fish tub, and continue to Run TTM and QT new fish as I build up my population. I know my current fish don't have anything other than ich right now so I'm going to TTM them and they will start the tub population.

I think I will be able to eventually run and ich maintenance system like I had before but not until I have my set of fish that already know each other and start out disease free. Not to mention get them fat and healthy so they can fend of ich with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it happened that quickly, I would suspect marine velvet over ich. Ich doesn't kill THAT quick.

If it is velvet, TTM won't work as it only interrupts the life cycle of ich. I'd use chloroquine phosphate or copper for marine velvet.

If it happened that quickly, I would suspect marine velvet over ich. Ich doesn't kill THAT quick.

If it is velvet, TTM won't work as it only interrupts the life cycle of ich. I'd use chloroquine phosphate or copper for marine velvet.

I would be surprised if it was velvet being that it came from Divers Den... but hey... idk

Either way, I'm going to medicate them while doing TTM

I would be surprised if it was velvet being that it came from Divers Den... but hey... idk

Marine velvet has been kind of a plague the last couple of years with wholesalers. Depending on how they treat, such as if they are using copper, it could mask it until it gets into your tank.

I can't remember what you did with the tank after all your fish died from the new additions a couple months ago. Did you run the tank fallow just in case? If so, for how long?

Marine velvet has been kind of a plague the last couple of years with wholesalers. Depending on how they treat, such as if they are using copper, it could mask it until it gets into your tank.

I can't remember what you did with the tank after all your fish died from the new additions a couple months ago. Did you run the tank fallow just in case? If so, for how long?

The display and coral bin was fishless for about 3 months.

And all fish died? Or were there some that survived from the original stock? If so, how did you treat them?

The stock that made it were qt'd and treated with Para Guard, maracyn, and praisipro. I had copper in at one point also but didn't run it for super long

I'm assuming you treated for the recommended timeframe to treat marine vlevet/ich with paraguard so sounds like it definitely came in with the new fish.

Paraguard and maracyn and Prasi were for 30 days I think, the copper might have only been for a week or 2... I'm not sure on that one.

I tried the trap thing for a week with my red coris wrasse and was absolutely getting nowhere. All I did to catch him was wait till he was towards the front of my tank so that I could put my hand in the tank while meticulously watching him to see where he dove in the sand, and when he dove in to take cover I pushed a clear glass cup in the sand right above him and he popped right up into the glass. Doing that worked like a charm and now think that getting any wrasse out my tank would be a walk in the park

• Like 1

I've been inside the wholesaler that provides the fish for LA and their main line of defense against disease is UV filters. I asked them if they every shut down tank systems to sanitize, and they believe constantly running UV filters is enough. I've never been to the LA facility in Wisconsin, so I don't know exactly what they do, but I agree with Ty that it probably came in with the LA order.

I've caught wrasses by just slowly sifting through the sand with lights off until I find him and watch him dive into a new spot. Then I scoop that whole part of sand up in a net and catch it!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...