Juiceman

Maybe you can ask glassholes if they can make a custom overflow to offset the difference?

That's exactly what I did.

They replied on Sunday that they can make me custom sized overflows to make up for the height difference.

Fish Gallery is making it right by giving a refund to me in the amount of the cost of the overflows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Juiceman said:

Fish Gallery is making it right by giving a refund to me in the amount of the cost of the overflows.

Awesome,  always good to see a LFS make things right.

Not to derail the thread, but is that on the LFS or the tank builder?  

I'm not sure but,

I think they can get the credit to the store from AGE but it's easier on their end to give it to me and them get it from them.

Since I paid Fish Gallery and not AGE directly.

• Like 1

how long are the overflow "teeth" and how much is above water?  have you tried clamping some plastic there, about 1/2" higher than the bottom of the exiting "teeth bottoms?"

I would rather it just be right than to rig something. I definitely could

Now THAT is pretty cool.  I imagine the LAST thing I need is an app that lets me watch my tank ALL the time!  haha!

Question:  Is the bracing in the middle done like that* for any specific reason?  

*that = angle iron (for lack of better description) w/ the spine pointed up.

Question:  Is the bracing in the middle done like that* for any specific reason?  
*that = angle iron (for lack of better description) w/ the spine pointed up.

@isaac may be able to explain better but my understanding is the more points the weld is attached to, the stronger it is.

when i made his initial bracket, i didnt butt the pieces together, because that would be a single weld holding outward pressure.  by overlapping it, you essentially have 4-lines of welding, which increases its strength.   Now on his new tank, they used angle iron, instead of flat pieces.  this alone adds more rigidity and strength, which allows for less cross supports (its essentially 2 in one).

did that answer the question, i got got on a small related tangent.

EDIT: also on his old tank, we added an extra pair, because we just were not sure about the re-seal, and it wasnt based on original specs.  since this is a new tank from factory, they have the design down properly.  we went overkill on the first brace... because underkill coulda sucked)

• Like 1