FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

I just got one of the Jebao PP-15 wavemakers for my tank and I agree that sucker moves a lot of water! 
Just keep them clean. They tend to slow down a ton when dirty unlike my MP60s which generally don't get hampered too much. Otherwise, I'm a big fan of their price/quality of flow you get with them.

Hope it up to your Apex and you can customize programming. If you ever do that, hit me up as I got a doozy of a program to use.

Ty!
“I got a doozy of a program to use” 
Will you post it here so I can copy it. Thanks 
Its a doozy! And I warn you, no tech support Tom. I did this like 4 years ago and everything left my brain! [emoji13]

Quick summary of my Apex programming for my Jaebos.

Variable Dimming port programs (both left and right) and 3 timer programs are all outlet configurations. You'll need to setup virtual outlets for Timer 1-3 to program them. You can delete all the other virtual outlets that are created as they are not needed. You will need to do this with the normal control panel, not ApexFusion. The Timer outlet programs are a way to somewhat randomize programs through the day between specific times so your tank is always switching between the 3 Timer programs over the default set background program. For instance, from 15:00-23:59, my Apex will be running Lt_Flush and Rt_Flush as my default background and then throughout the day, Timer 1-3 will turn on and run one of the three other programs (Dblflush, Pulse, or Wave2) during that time to mix it up a little.

But before you can even program any of the outlets, you'll need to create the profiles below as Apex will not accept programming outlets with profile names that don't exist yet. Kind of the chicken before the egg thing so just program your profiles first.

Variable Dimming Port program (Left Jaebo)

Set Wave1

If Time 11:30 to 14:59 Then DuskDawn

If Time 15:00 to 23:59 Then Lt_Flush

If Time 00:00 to 02:29 Then DuskDawn

If Time 02:30 to 11:29 Then Night

If Outlet Timer1 = ON Then DblFlush

If Outlet Timer2 = ON Then Pulse

If Outlet Timer3 = ON Then Wave2

If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Variable Dimming Port program (Right Jaebo)

Set Wave1

If Time 11:30 to 14:59 Then DuskDawn

If Time 15:00 to 23:59 Then Rt_Flush

If Time 00:00 to 02:29 Then DuskDawn

If Time 02:30 to 11:29 Then Night

If Outlet Timer1 = ON Then DblFlush

If Outlet Timer2 = ON Then Pulse

If Outlet Timer3 = ON Then Wave2

If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Timer 1 (Virtual Outlet)

OSC 120:00/010:00/000:00 Then ON

If Outlet Timer2 = ON Then OFF

If Time 00:00 to 15:00 Then OFF

If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Timer 2 (Virtual Outlet)

OSC 045:00/015:00/000:00 Then ON

If Outlet Timer3 = ON Then OFF

If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Timer 3 (Virtual Outlet)

OSC 015:00/005:00/000:00 Then ON

If Outlet Timer1 = ON Then OFF

If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Profiles

Wave1

Synchronize - yes

Divide by 10 - yes

Initial Off Time - 0

On Time - 9

Off Time - 3

Min Intensity - 30

Max Intensity - 70

Wave2

Synchronize - no

Divide by 10 - yes

Initial Off Time - 0

On Time - 7

Off Time - 4

Min Intensity - 30

Max Intensity - 80

Lt_Flush

Synchronize - no

Divide by 10 - no

Initial Off Time - 0

On Time - 120

Off Time - 120

Min Intensity - 0

Max Intensity - 100

Rt_Flush

Synchronize - no

Divide by 10 - no

Initial Off Time - 120

On Time - 120

Off Time - 120

Min Intensity - 0

Max Intensity - 100

DuskDawn

Synchronize - yes

Divide by 10 - yes

Initial Off Time - 0

On Time - 7

Off Time - 4

Min Intensity - 30

Max Intensity - 60

Night

Synchronize - no

Divide by 10 - no

Initial Off Time - 0

On Time - 10

Off Time - 10

Min Intensity - 0

Max Intensity - 30

DblFlush

Synchronize - no

Divide by 10 - no

Initial Off Time - 0

On Time - 60

Off Time - 60

Min Intensity - 0

Max Intensity - 100

Pulse

Synchronize - yes

Divide by 10 - no

Initial Off Time - 0

On Time - 10

Off Time - 10

Min Intensity - 0

Max Intensity - 100

Summary of my profiles:

Wave1 is a non-coordinated, smashing of both pumps. It's not synced and just random pulses.

Wave 2 is a coordinated 2-3" (vertical height) wave motion in my tank, similar to my old Tunze nano wavebox.

LtFlush is my left pump blowing at 100% for 2 minutes (alternates with RtFlush for total tank gyre flows that reverse direction...we can call this my Maspect Gyre mode)

RtFlush is my right pump blowing at 100% for 2 minutes

DblFlush should really be called export mode... as it's my Lt Flush and Rt Flush crashing into each other and stirring everything up.

DuskDawn is a very low energy wave mode to ramp things down

Night is low intensity 10 second bursts followed by 10 seconds of stillness

Pulse mode is high energy 10 second bursts followed by 10 seconds of stillness... I wanted to replicate the swells of waves going over a reef.

Disclaimer, I'm not a programmer in any sense of the word but I'm quite proficient at borrowing code from others and fitting it to my needs.

how about just a screenshot or two to simplify things?

image.png

image.png image.png

the initial/on/off all depend on the size of your tank and location of your powerheads.  Ty changes his wave-type by changing the on/off delays.  I just change the intensity :)   the "synchronize" offsets the two powerheads so they alternate.

• Like 1

how about just a screenshot or two to simplify things?
image.png.d173299405970f11e0bb82e2cba4c42b.png

image.png.c53b7cba1d7edd108ea1d50011cb57a0.png image.png.7cbc0f7c4e05d7d8f5ed51ed27f9086f.png

the initial/on/off all depend on the size of your tank and location of your powerheads.  Ty changes his wave-type by changing the on/off delays.  I just change the intensity [emoji4]   the "synchronize" offsets the two powerheads so they alternate.

That program was around before screenshots existed Isaac. I was still using my Startac flip phone. [emoji41]

OMG! How long ago was that? Any lingering effects?
They say I'm a little dumber these days and my good looks have left me... Or was that because of old age... I forget. [emoji22]

No lingering effects that I know of honestly. Its not all zoas, just avoid palys would be my suggestion.

I can't remember how long ago but probably about 2 years now.

I choose life....no zoas
Like I said, mainly certain palys have it so generally most zoas don't contain any. But if that turns another person into a stickhead, then yes, zoas are bad! Very bad! You know it!

The only side effect I've noticed is he's way too over confident and acts like a know it all [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]
Are you sure that isn't because of my Napolean Complex?

On 12/19/2017 at 8:58 PM, FarmerTy said:

Got a nice used sump from Jen. I'm a realist with my free time and know it'll be a few months before I get it swapped out.

I put it on its side and currently using it as a tank towel holder. I took a look at it the other day and saw it looking back at me. emoji4.pngaf0b7c7089444b5af63bf616ea7c3e42.jpgdb3406e35e8c843c159f226ea6c3d201.jpge436668ddfb9ffdf4c48a517d279701e.jpg

I actually kept the bashsea t-shirt that came with it. Ahh I feel so much better now not holding on to that secret anymore 😜