FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

Soooo?? What ya get? 
Oh no! You did it! Everyone was trying to pretend I didn't post that picture so they didn't have to hear me drone on about what I got... Now look what you did! [emoji28]

A couple of Aussie acros and two gonis to feed my obsessions with both.c14ae8daa0efd78cf5e34e78b256042e.jpge2141ac3ffd705e8ac7f1dbe0db6d32b.jpg

1 hour ago, FarmerTy said:

Oh no! You did it! Everyone was trying to pretend I didn't post that picture so they didn't have to hear me drone on about what I got... Now look what you did! emoji28.png

A couple of Aussie acros and two gonis to feed my obsessions with both.c14ae8daa0efd78cf5e34e78b256042e.jpge2141ac3ffd705e8ac7f1dbe0db6d32b.jpg

Ha ha! I had to know! Very nice! I love the pastel Aussies. I hope they transition well for you. 

Ha ha! I had to know! Very nice! I love the pastel Aussies. I hope they transition well for you. 
Everyone else tried to avert their eyes. Not you! Yeah, was hoping to get an acropora suharsonoi but looks like both may be acropora caroliniana, which is okay as they are nice too.

Been awhile since I posted a Full tank shot. Its getting there slowly. I've culled some colonies the last couple months, lost some too during November when my tank was in a funk, and now have open space to start gluing my new stuff to the rocks. For now, the frags that graduated from the frag tank are sitting on the frag rack to be glued somewhere. I took my first stab at gluing some colonies/frags but its always a process. The right rock is close to where I want it except I may swap some corals out and I still need to fill in the bottom right with more frags/colonies.

The left rock structure is a hot mess but I'll keep working on it.

I also cleaned up the sandbed and reclaimed my beach. Its nice to have that negative space back... It makes the tank look like a tank again.

I also got the pvc foamboard in and cut it and applied it as a backdrop. I'm decently happy with the results but may look at another alternative as the seam in the middle does bug me at times. I still need something that is removable when needed so painting is not an option. At least its nice to look at the tank now and not see plumbing and storage boxes behind the tank. [emoji1]

The tank cabinets and front are finished from a construction standpoint. I still need to complete it by sanding and painting it as well as sealing it with silicone against the glass so guests don't drop crud into my sump below. We'll get some nice bar stools down the line but for now, these two chairs I stole from the breakfast table will do.

All in all, I'm very happy with the progress the tank is making and even more happy that my corals are back to being happy and growing/thriving/coloring back up again. Its also bittersweet as I know once the corals are all glued up, I will have nothing to do with the display anymore and the only option is just to sit back and watch it grow. At least there's still the equipment/sump/frag tank to play with. [emoji106]

Happy reefing everyone and thanks for following along.8e9965908c3f9b83712311c25fef8043.jpg85acd2f03fbb9cbf33c6f27f431ac665.jpg8a5b16e8f8b820a7650d6592826944be.jpg15a238b89e14fab3a233545045350ac5.jpg

• Like 4

Looking great!
Thanks Jim! If you can't tell, I'm a little obsessed with the tank right now since I finally got a chance to polish it up, clean up the sandbed, and start gluing some frags/colonies on the rock. That was 8 months overdue. [emoji23]

How long have you had it? 

Probably about 4 months now. I got it from someone who's livestock I bought out that had some nice high-end acros. I vowed no more montis but this one is pretty nice.

You can kind of see the original shape I got it and the resulting growth from that point and color change since then.