FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

4 hours ago, FarmerTy said:
4 hours ago, Sascha D. said:
Isn't that about what we do in this hobby anyway? LR is just dead coral skeletons that we try to make something pretty with. It doesn't sound very cool when you put it that way :huh:

Grow from the bodies of your dead ancestors in a glass box full of water and electricity!

SPS are weird and creepy...Soft corals for everybody!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:
13 minutes ago, FishShrink said:
Ty that setosa is insane! It has always been one of my favorites. 8268a1cba8fa92bb0a5bab2e7b921ac9.jpg

Only a coral nut would look past the male flame wrasse and see the setosa. I like your style brother!

Im hoping to get water flowing this weekend! Coral time is coming soon. Ty you can add that setosa to my frag list. 

• Like 1

Im hoping to get water flowing this weekend! Coral time is coming soon. Ty you can add that setosa to my frag list. 
You got it. Are you going to be picking up corals at the Winter Frag sale in January? If so, I'll send one with my buddy who's setting up the frag tank. I will be hosting some friends from out of town so I won't be able to setup a frag tank and sell like usual.

10 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:
14 minutes ago, FishShrink said:

You got it. Are you going to be picking up corals at the Winter Frag sale in January? If so, I'll send one with my buddy who's setting up the frag tank. I will be hosting some friends from out of town so I won't be able to setup a frag tank and sell like usual.

I will there! Thanks Ty! Sorry you won't get to make it. 

Edited by FishShrink
  • Like 1

Boooooooooo!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 9:37 AM, FarmerTy said:

I find this very interesting. There are two pieces of echinata on this frag plug. One was what survived of my colony when I moved. Its the very green encrusting piece. The other is a piece I got back from a buddy that was from my original colony.

If you notice at the bottom of the bluer piece, you'll see that it has touched the greener piece and now that area is bluer but it still retains the green polyps. Its like grafting a piece of Hawkins echinata back to itself and seeing the slow transfer of color through the green piece. It'd be interesting to see when the green polyps go blue.ac65f211a993cb59cc6ba6f33c1c6605.jpg

You've forgotten more than I'll ever learn about corals, but I have a hard time believing those are both the same coral.  

I got a chance to meet Ty while picking up a tub to cure some rock. Nice set up he has. He has the SPS addiction syndrome "frag tank" . It does look great.
I feel like I committed a crime by not turning on my display tank lights for you. I'm a terrible reefer host. [emoji22]
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

I added my Jaebos back into the tank alongside the MP60s as I wanted to vary the flow a bit. Man, talk about some tsunami inducing power!

You finally got a screen to keep the fish in...now you need something to keep the water in!!!!