FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

Love that purple efflo! And is there where you cut my frag of the Oregon Tort? Can't wait to get my frag pack! 
Yeah, way to ugly up my Oregon tort colony Caleb! I cry everytime I have to cut that Efflo... It just looks so good as is.

And I do appreciate you being willing to cut your babies. I know it hurts. I am a psychiatrist so we can have a mini session if we need to talk about your feelings. I accept payment in frags. 
Oh man, I'll give you my whole frag tank. I got all kinds of isues. Napolean... Me me me complex... You name it! Fix me up!

I forgot to document! I got my scribbled angelfish in yesterday thanks to Jake and his crew at RCA. It came in bigger than I was expecting which was a bonus and on top of that, seemed somewhat trained as it came right to the glass waiting for me to feed it and ate frozen within an hour out of the bag!

I was planning to get a Japanese swallowtail angel as my last angel but I'm thinking this guy will do it and I'll stop here. I don't want to push my luck.434ca6e50a16b37b514e947a63b0d24c.jpgf7bb78ace723d01cd5a7f5ef0b4487a8.jpg

• Like 2

How long is the qt on this mofo ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Depends. I went from a blast them with everything approach to a holistic treat them as things come up approach. Everybody gets prazipro and that's about it. I have chloroquine phosphate, copperpower, Ruby Reef rally, and a slew of antibiotics at ready for anything that comes up.

If he's looking good and shows no signs for 2-3 weeks, he's good enough for me to try in the frag tank to see what corals he'll eat first. If he doesn't devour all my acro frags and my gonis, he'll graduate to the display.

Cool looking fish! I'm kinda the opposite of you though...I always try to get the fish as small as possible. I figure...smaller fish...smaller bio-load...more fish (if compatible obviously). Maybe I just need a bigger tank already.

• Like 1

Cool looking fish! I'm kinda the opposite of you though...I always try to get the fish as small as possible. I figure...smaller fish...smaller bio-load...more fish (if compatible obviously). Maybe I just need a bigger tank already.

Honestly, my perfect reef tank would be filled with tons of anthias and other small, schooling fish that stay in the water column combined with a bunch of enigmatic fish, rock dwelling fish (like gig'ems tank) to populate the rock scape.

I just currently have an obsession for angels so that's where this tank is going. Maybe the next one!

• Like 1