FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

12 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Installed a light lift for my ATI fixture to make it much easier to pull it up and out of the way while working in the tank.

Thanks to @Sierra Bravo for the idea and on top of that, offering to help install it when he came to pick up frags. I say I helped but I just stood there, handed him tools, and viola, 20 mins later it was installed. emoji54.png

I accidentally ordered two but I'm liking it so much that I'm going to install the extra one over my frag tank.927481ab004be31551405579e9713c05.jpgb538a3580c3ba6c69a3f5b3f92334e22.jpg

What...no demo video??????   :huh:

Very cool!

• Like 2

So this rig manages to keep the light level and you only manipulate one cable to raise or lower?
Yes, same concept as mini-blinds but for light fixtures. It has two cords that are pulled in unison with the handle so it always stays level when pulling up and down. A 2nd rope is added to disengage and release the light to lower when desired. That allows me to engage when needed but never accidentally drop the light. Pretty cool feature.

That is so crazy...at times it even looks like it's polyps are whipping to the beat of the music!

I'm a huge fan of taking any credit I can, so yes, I've trained them to dance to the music. [emoji12]

This is the perfect example to me of a seemingly ordinary coral by frag standards can be a jawdropper as a colony.

6 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

I'm a huge fan of taking any credit I can, so yes, I've trained them to dance to the music. emoji12.png

This is the perfect example to me of a seemingly ordinary coral by frag standards can be a jawdropper as a colony.

I bet it would love a ride in front of my WAVs!  :firefirefire: