FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

I actually kept the bashsea t-shirt that came with it. Ahh I feel so much better now not holding on to that secret anymore [emoji12]
Noooo! I still know where you live. Hand over the shirt or you'll never see your bird again!

I think the music should have been Rock-a-by baby. [emoji33]  amazing colony!
I should have, that way I can watch the video and put the baby to sleep as well!
That's gorgeous Ty!
Thanks Paula! As a small frag, its a pretty coral but nothing exciting. But as a giant colony, the ORA Chips is quite stunning with its great movement with the polyps. Easily one of the hairiest acros out there.

There's actually been a national shortage of it. It tends to be a bit sensitive to changes and ships terribly (I know, I tried several times). So the propagation and distribution of it is usually through local avenues which makes it really hard to spread the wealth since its so localized. Even ORA lost their mother colony of it a few years back.

I admit I had a chuckle when I saw your 'frag' tank video with that colony in it default_tongue.png

Had some people call me out on one of the larger forums. They were like, that's a frag? Its bigger than most colonies in an average display. No no, that's my largest colony, 8" x 5"... I just haven't made room yet. [emoji13]

• Like 1

Ty,

That's probably my biggest "growth" success ive had. Mustve been 2+ yrs ago, the 1st time I met you I purchased a frag.

It ended up tabling 10x its size and was nice and hairy before my alk spike nuked it. But I remember you and I talking about how hairy it was ha.

Here's a better profile view of the waves. These are mainly being produced by the Jaebo WP40s. I also have MP60s in there but they aren't programmed to do the wave profile. I'd be afraid half my water would end up on the floor if I synced all 4 pumps.

1 hour ago, FarmerTy said:

Here's a better profile view of the waves. These are mainly being produced by the Jaebo WP40s. I also have MP60s in there but they aren't programmed to do the wave profile. I'd be afraid half my water would end up on the floor if I synced all 4 pumps.

surfing.gif

Well, I got a pair of flame wrasses from RCA, fortunately prior to the Hawaiian fish industry changes. Well, the female decided its time to start changing to a male.

Not fully decided if this is a good thing or a bad thing yet. Good thing is I may have two awesome looking males swimming the tank. Bad thing is they decide the tank isn't big enough for the both of them and start trying to kill each other.

There is the off chance the female stays at the initial phase of being male and not change fully until the terminal male dies.

Here's a video of him/her.

She's on the right of the picture. Also a repeat picture of the male flashing to show the differences of a terminal (supermale) male and initial male.e7ed63c976b2b9a083a2d2f7666eaf91.jpg0bdccfd154a22609840afcdc14c54537.jpg

Well, I got a pair of flame wrasses from RCA, fortunately prior to the Hawaiian fish industry changes. Well, the female decided its time to start changing to a male.

Not fully decided if this is a good thing or a bad thing yet. Good thing is I may have two awesome looking males swimming the tank. Bad thing is they decide the tank isn't big enough for the both of them and start trying to kill each other.

There is the off chance the female stays at the initial phase of being male and not change fully until the terminal male dies.

Here's a video of him/her.

She's on the right of the picture. Also a repeat picture of the male flashing to show the differences of a terminal (supermale) male and initial male.e7ed63c976b2b9a083a2d2f7666eaf91.jpg0bdccfd154a22609840afcdc14c54537.jpg
Ya know, wrasses are on my list of next fish. [emoji41] Just sayin'.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Better get that screen top ready! Wrasses are jumpers!
I actually got one side done on Friday. Now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to handle the side that needs to have a power line and some probe lines going through it.

• Like 1

I actually got one side done on Friday. Now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to handle the side that needs to have a power line and some probe lines going through it.

When you find out, let me know! [emoji3]
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

My goodie box just came in! emoji7.png Currently passing the rigorous puppy sniffing inspection.

I'm afraid our puppy requires a more rigorous inspection before giving his okay.

IMG_20170330_171408_01.jpg