FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the legendary slow growth of the purple monster you might have a long wait for that one :)

Yeah, I'm thinking when my son goes to Kindergarten I should have a frag ready. He'll be born around March so start your countdown for the purple monster frag! [emoji6]

My PM actually grew very fast in the old days. I've got my fingers crossed that Ty's will as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I remember you mentioning that so it gave me hope! Do you remember the conditions you kept it in at all?

Kind if. I always kept my alk on the high side. Like 10-11 dkh. Calcium I never checked much, but running a calcium reactor to keep the alk that high, I'm assuming it was a fair amount. I never did any water changes and didn't run pellets till the end. So I'm guessing a fair amount of nitrate. Also never kept up with gfo so probably some phosphates as well. One thing that was always borderline in that tank was temp. Like 82-83 in the summer. As you can see I wasn't much on testing. I had great sps growth. The color was fair, but not wonderful. I'm trying to do things a little differently this time. I just hope I can get close to as good of growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well I can match the temp since I hover around there anyways but the rest isn't gonna happen in this tank sadly. Let's see how I goes. The base is encrusting already so that's a good sign for a little under a month.

Anemone in an isolation box? No worries boss... We got this.

aaff9fd5ebb74a009c7b75e3e9274947.jpg

3dada365d2fda93610bc9c89cf25c47e.jpg

70f95a52e1a8b4f76b93af4b61cfa148.jpg

That's one of the saddest and cutest things I've seen. Poor things. That's as sad as my maroon clown hosting my chalice because the picasso is being a butt head. "Here my little rigid and rough plate, I'll love you"- said my maroon clown to the chalice

How's the gorgonia (spelling?) liking all the loving?

from me

Does it mean fragging time?

You better believe it!

Anemone pie anyone? [emoji12]

4d7e7e203e693c4b6991dd9f68a9d774.jpg

Chop suey!

26e402dbd593f4eaefada7d90ae833f8.jpg

20 mins after fragging

993dcb7ab6b7a0200853a80d254f395b.jpg

Later that night when it was healing

518d08868309583ed5107348666e43ef.jpg

The next day. They were happy and fully inflated like nothing happened. [emoji106]

81f6b042b7079f9a61526b7ab45a2111.jpg

That should be a reef club meeting topic! Anemone fragging

For subject of our topic for this meeting is how not to be stupid enough to try to cut a $500 anemone and risk losing it entirely. Our first speaker is FarmerTy... Could you tell us how you failed at such a simple concept? [emoji33]

Archived