FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

I want Ty frags but I didn't pass the background check. He doesn't even talk to me anymore since I don't 52 week triple dip QT.

It's because the first question on my background check was how many acros have you killed and you just responded with yes. :whistle:
Don't worry brian I got your back. Ty doesn't remember just 2 years ago......

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

You're off the list too... I said acropora... Not stylophora... Fail! [emoji33]

I want Ty frags but I didn't pass the background check. He doesn't even talk to me anymore since I don't 52 week triple dip QT.

It's because the first question on my background check was how many acros have you killed and you just responded with yes. :whistle:
Don't worry brian I got your back. Ty doesn't remember just 2 years ago......attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

:)

Road goes both ways :)

It's because the first question on my background check was how many acros have you killed and you just responded with yes. whistle.gif
Don't worry brian I got your back. Ty doesn't remember just 2 years ago......attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

smile.png

Road goes both ways smile.png

I got kicked off of the list after trying to convince Ty to go Fish Only. You know, I don't want to be that one guy without any corals! I'd never be able to show my face at a club meeting again! I remember there being something about a Guppy Farm business and a Nerite Snail hatchery. I need something that I can keep alive, like copepods. Hey, wait...that's a great idea!

Why does red planets corals have so many different looks I understand some color differences due to lighting and where it is placed in the tank. But with red planet is see some that are all red all green and a mixture. Is the coral getting id'd wrong or is this just the way the coral is?

That purple passion is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does red planets corals have so many different looks I understand some color differences due to lighting and where it is placed in the tank. But with red planet is see some that are all red all green and a mixture. Is the coral getting id'd wrong or is this just the way the coral is?

The red planet is like the cheap version of a par meter. I used to use mine for exactly that reason. Low light and you have more green, high light and you have more red, medium light and it has green and red. That's just the way it is.

I can attest to that Red Planet having some green in its frags. Ask me how I know [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Get that baby some more par Mike! [emoji12]

The red planet is like the cheap version of a par meter. I used to use mine for exactly that reason. Low light and you have more green, high light and you have more red, medium light and it has green and red. That's just the way it is.

I can attest to that Red Planet having some green in its frags. Ask me how I know [emoji3]

Get that baby some more par Mike! [emoji12]

I actually just turned them down a little. The red was getting lighter. I was afraid it was too much and didn't wanna bleach it.

Ok mine is completely green and the new growths is a REALLY light green but I use the same lights as you except for the t5 supp you have I supp with led uv from bml but have no idea what power they are set on have no way to turn the bml up or down

Ok mine is completely green and the new growths is a REALLY light green but I use the same lights as you except for the t5 supp you have I supp with led uv from bml but have no idea what power they are set on have no way to turn the bml up or down

Any idea what par level its at? UV also has a tendency to green everything out. Maybe try running without it for awhile?

No idea on my par level. The uv I literally just installed 3 days ago

I say move the colony up then if possible, or cut a frag off and put it higher to see if it starts turning red.

Ahhh, nevermind... Opposite problem!

So you agree? If it's lightening then I should slightly turn down the white light? I'm thinking the blue may put out a lot of PAR. So maybe I should turn them down a little as well. Man I need a seneye.

Ahhh, nevermind... Opposite problem!

So you agree? If it's lightening then I should slightly turn down the white light? I'm thinking the blue may put out a lot of PAR. So maybe I should turn them down a little as well. Man I need a seneye.

Could be lightening up because of too much light or too little nitrates in your system. Hard to determine without a par meter but you can at least check the nitrate level in the tank to eliminate that as a potential issue.

Archived