FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:11 PM, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Sounds like it spells bad news for you Jen, having someone like Ty living nearby you. GOOD LUCK!

Hey Ty,

Gig'em built an extremely heavy duty stand for my 120 (awesome job btw!), and I found a place here in Round Rock that is power coating it for $150. That was a really good price so I thought I'd let you know for your upcoming stand. I'm picking mine up tomorrow so if you want to see the quality of work prior to getting yours done, let me know.

John

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HarleyGuy said:

Hey Ty,

Gig'em built an extremely heavy duty stand for my 120 (awesome job btw!), and I found a place here in Round Rock that is power coating it for $150. That was a really good price so I thought I'd let you know for your upcoming stand. I'm picking mine up tomorrow so if you want to see the quality of work prior to getting yours done, let me know.

John

Which powder coating place?

Hey Ty,
John

You rock John! I'm going to have mine dropped off there and do the same thing since I don't have a ton of time for shopping around. [emoji106]

10 hours ago, FarmerTy said:

You rock John! I'm going to have mine dropped off there and do the same thing since I don't have a ton of time for shopping around. emoji106.png

Awesome!, glad I could help. :D  I'll get my stand back this afternoon and post pics on my 120 build thread.

I saw the business layout - they have two large spray booths and two huge ovens, so it look good from a size/redundancy perspective, but I didn't get to see a sample of their work. However, they've been in business since 99 and have pics on their web site so I'm assuming they will do an adequate job.

I'll let you know later this evening. :cool:

7 hours ago, HarleyGuy said:

Awesome!, glad I could help. :D  I'll get my stand back this afternoon and post pics on my 120 build thread.

I saw the business layout - they have two large spray booths and two huge ovens, so it look good from a size/redundancy perspective, but I didn't get to see a sample of their work. However, they've been in business since 99 and have pics on their web site so I'm assuming they will do an adequate job.

I'll let you know later this evening. :cool:

Here are the pics of my stand http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/38239-120-tall-build/?page=2#comment-317759

Let me know what you think. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Have you had time to figure out when tank move day is gonna happen?

I'm alive, I promise!

Had a small delay getting things together for the new setup but we moved into the new house this past Wednesday. I'm thinking the Saturday of Easter is what I'm going to aim for to move the tank.

Once I get more of a confirmed date, I'll start separate thread to coordinate people/times/trucks/equipment/emergency ambulance/beer delivery/pizza delivery etc. Hope everyone has been enjoying their break from my posting! [emoji12]

Proof of life... My tank and mine. Yes, I'm still alive!

The tank is still at the old house. The fish come up to me like they haven't seen me in ages.

The big moving day should hopefully be next Saturday! Details to come!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived