Announcing the April ARC Meeting and Frag Swap

mFrame

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chuck and I will be there. I will bring some drinks and water. Maybe a dessert. Can't wait to see everybody. Dave, I will bring your dolly as well unless you want it before then.

Chuck and I will be there. I will bring some drinks and water. Maybe a dessert. Can't wait to see everybody. Dave, I will bring your dolly as well unless you want it before then.

Thank you, Thank you,Thank you, jump.gif

Our new sponsor, Elegant Reef will be there as well. C'mon guys, list your corals!

I'll have some devils hand leathers for free and will have some krypto candy can frags for sale.

Trying to talk the wife into coming with me or letting me go since I have yet to attend a meeting. Planning on dropping off some xenia with Pat after this weekend for some giveaways.

Man, I am going to try to make this meeting. I won't have any frags, still too new, but can't wait to see all of you and meet more of you!

Most folks will take those green frags you carry around in your wallet. . .

Trying to talk the wife into coming with me or letting me go since I have yet to attend a meeting. Planning on dropping off some xenia with Pat after this weekend for some giveaways.

I have room for assorted corals in my 135G lagoon tank. It has gone thru its first cycle and is stabalized. After the frag swap, I will get back into developing a filter feeder lagoon tank with no corals. For the frag swap giveaways, my 135G tank will support low light requirement corals. It would be best for introduction to a new home for your live gift to a fellow reefer be brought to my home tank in advance to minimaze stress for these live giveaways.

I have just finished a five day family reunion at Volainta on Lake Travis and have been running on hi-level. After one week of out of town family in my home, I have had two days to rest on it. I will move the 10G lagoon tanks into my house this week-end. I will probably set-up a temporary cinder block stand for ten days. If you have critters to include in these lagoon theme tanks, please bring them out after Easter Sunday. If you have frags that you want to include in giveaways at the March Meeting, you can start bringing them out at your and my conviniance. Call me in advance, as I am not always here.

Patrick Castille, Owner (CCR)

8907 Bear Creek Drive

Austin, Tx 78737

512-514-1446 home

Finally should get to make this one also. I am sure everyone already has these, but wanted to toss some out for newer members in case. I have several types of Palys, Clove polyp, Kenya tree, multiple Xenia, Birds nest (Sour apple and brown/purple?), and possible Purple brush gorg and Blue trumpets.

I have never attended a swap before, can anyone elaborate on how this works? How things should be packaged/transported/displayed? What is the expected qty. to bring? Size?

Thanks Patrick for hosting!

Finally should get to make this one also. I am sure everyone already has these, but wanted to toss some out for newer members in case. I have several types of Palys, Clove polyp, Kenya tree, multiple Xenia, Birds nest (Sour apple and brown/purple?), and possible Purple brush gorg and Blue trumpets.

I have never attended a swap before, can anyone elaborate on how this works? How things should be packaged/transported/displayed? What is the expected qty. to bring? Size?

Thanks Patrick for hosting!

Well, it can vary on how elaborate you want to get. Some people bring their own small tanks and set them up to display their frags. Others bring frags in bags or disposable containers to show them off (some even bring pictures of the frag "open" or under aquarium lights). There was talk of an ARC run frag tank where people could rent space ... not sure on the details of that.

Most are transported in bags/containers in a cooler.

Quantity and size is up to you. Some people will be looking to swap coral, a lot will probably be looking to pay you cash. If it is something colorful/must requested, then obviously the more the better. Basic corals do sell/swap well as a lot of beginners come to the swaps.

The ARC community frag tank will be set up and running. One of our members will actually be using it to demonstrate how to effectively dip coral frags before introducing them to your tank. There was much discussion over this "community tank", if you don't want to use it then don't, but several members want to bring and display frags so the club will be setting it up. There will also be several free frags of beginner corals (devils hand leather, GSP, monti caps).

Bring folding chairs or a blanket to sit on and a cooler to keep your frags cool. Come out and enjoy the meeting, frags, and the displays that our sponsors are setting up. And bring some spending money as we have several great raffle prizes: a protein skimmer, two LED retrofit kits, and a custom adirondack chair!

I suggest that you bring insect repellant. I have not had a mosquitoe problem, but remember the "red bugs". I have St Agustine grass on the front lawn for sitting. Everywhere else is "Wildflowers".

Come pass a good time.

Patrick

I suggest that you bring insect repellant. I have not had a mosquitoe problem, but remember the "red bugs". I have St Agustine grass on the front lawn for sitting. Everywhere else is "Wildflowers".

Come pass a good time.

Patrick

There is a large playset in the backyard and a large Jacuzzi next to it. Last week during a family reunion, I had eight kids in it. Mama also had a 3/4" hose at 10GPM. I also have two 150G personnal cold water tubs to be enjoyed. These Rubbermaid tubs will be part of my expansion on cleaning up seaweed for the ediable food market but for now can be a water theme park.

We're bringing down alot of frags in the $5 - $40 price range, here's a little list of what we intend on bringing up to Austin.

GSP

Duncans

Acropora

Millepora

Montipora

ORA Derasa Clams

Ultra Maxima Clams

Zoanthids

Palythoa

ORA Torches

ORA Hammers

ORA Acropora

ORA Gorgonians

Galaxia

Goniopora

Open Brains

Coco Worms

Xenia

We also plan on bringing a few things to display including:

EcoTech Marine Equipment on Display & For Sale

Reef Roids

CoralRx

BRS Reactors

Frag Plugs

Coral Glue

AquaVitro Fuel

We're also very open to suggestions if there is anything you are looking for.

See ya there!

We're bringing down alot of frags in the $5 - $40 price range, here's a little list of what we intend on bringing up to Austin.

GSP

Duncans

Acropora

Millepora

Montipora

ORA Derasa Clams

Ultra Maxima Clams

Zoanthids

Palythoa

ORA Torches

ORA Hammers

ORA Acropora

ORA Gorgonians

Galaxia

Goniopora

Open Brains

Coco Worms

Xenia

We also plan on bringing a few things to display including:

EcoTech Marine Equipment on Display & For Sale

Reef Roids

CoralRx

BRS Reactors

Frag Plugs

Coral Glue

AquaVitro Fuel

We're also very open to suggestions if there is anything you are looking for.

See ya there!

I like Coco Worms. Any other filter feeders and fanworms would be good. I likie red.

Patrick

Is there access to a water hose for a Port-O-Cool?

I am the property owner. Yes, I have my own water well with 70 PSI. I use standard 3/4" hose bib connections.

Patrick

Bringing..

Green bubble tip anemone

purple tip green hammer

large kenya tree

xenia covered rock

bright green gsp

green pallys

hollywood stunner

green galaxia

Yellow eyelash polyp

whamin watermellon zoa