Announcing the April ARC Meeting and Frag Swap

mFrame

We had a great time. Thanks to Patrick for hosting!

I had to pull my girl away to take her shopping, so I know she had fun. :D

BTW: Those bacon rind things were awesome. What were they called? Who made them? YUM!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Pat thank you so much for the hospitality. My son has not stopped talking about how much fun he had "helping" cook the mud bugs.

Thanks to all the ARC team for everything you guys do as well!!

James,while cleaning up this morning, I found your container with two cookies in it. I now know why people had talked them up so much. I already eat one. Talk about good.

I still have almost 60 pounds of crawfish to boil.

Patrick

From the Elegant Reef family I would like to give many thanks for the opportunity to hang out with so many awesome people. This turned out to be a really amazing experience and we can't wait to do it again!

Patrick your hospitality is second to none! Thank you so much for all the great food and giving us a place to crash! The evening entertainment was superb!

Thank you ARC!

Sincerely,

Louis, Bennie, Nick, Chris, & Dan

Looks like you all beat me to the punch, but I want to thank everyone involved for a fantastic meeting and frag swap. The weather could not have been any better! It was great getting to spread out in the shade and enjoy hanging out will all you guys while eating some fabulous food and grabbing some new goodies for the tank!

Thanks again to our host Patrick, outstanding job!

Thanks to all of our sponsors who contributed their time and or product:

Austin Aqua-Dome

Castille Coral Ranch

Fishy Stuff

Lone Star Aquaculture

Premium Aquatics

RapidLED

Seachem

FS woodworks (fantastic chair!)

and last but not least, one of our newest sponsor Elegant Reef. Dan, Louis and the guys (and Bennie) showed up in style! Can't wait to arrange a shop visit when we head down to San Antonio (check out our Sea World trip thread shortly for more details)!

Thanks for everyone who participated, but special Congratulations to our raffle prize winners:

7LED retro-kit -- ckyuv

24LED retro-kit -- ChrisP

Protein Skimmer --o0zarkawater

Adirondack Chair -- Grim

All in all a fantastic group of people. I personally want to thank you all for making this such a great club!

I figured out food consumed:

150 lbs of crawfish

30 lbs of boudain

10 lbs of smoked pork sausage

10 lbs of stuffed pork chops

2 lbs of hog head cheese

2 lbs of cracklins

2 gallons of rice dressing

1 gallon pot of chicken fricasse

Mr. Pat thank you so much for the hospitality. My son has not stopped talking about how much fun he had "helping" cook the mud bugs.

Thanks to all the ARC team for everything you guys do as well!!

At this time, I must lift up my friend Merrick, who did the crawfish boil. He did not know in advance, but ethusiasticly embraced the boil. Not being aware of your sons involvement in the crawfish boil, I slightly scolded him for being to close to the boiling pot. I thought they were playing grab ***, but Merrick lifted your son up as his best helper. I am glad that you and your son had fun.

Patrick

I can't see the pictures. I understand they are in one of Jake's galleries, but I keep getting an error saying that I need to be a registered member in order to view. Am I the only one that its doing this to?

2 cookies left?! Wow. When we left at 6pm, there was a box and a half.... glad people liked them :)

And thank you very much Pat for the extreme generosity in providing the meeting spot and awesome food.

I must confess as we where packing up the elegant reef equipment I found about a dozen cookies and we enjoyed them on the way to the shop and even shared them with the guys working!!

thanks to the people who organized this and Patrick for his hospitality. it was nice meeting all the ARC members.

Chris

I can't see the pictures. I understand they are in one of Jake's galleries, but I keep getting an error saying that I need to be a registered member in order to view. Am I the only one that its doing this to?

It should work now. There was a permissions issue with Professional Members that I fixed.

My son and I had a great time. I had a hard time getting him to leave. The food was great and I got some great frags. I have a 29 gal goldfish tank on my desk at work that I thought I would convert to saltwater with my hard won LED kit. But when I told my wife about my big win she actually suggested I set up a second tank at home! Awesome! Either way this frag swap will be the birth of a new saltwater tank.

What an event! First, many thanks to Patrick for hosting, your place is awesome! Being new to the forum/group was never uncomfortable and we met some great people. The food was awesome, the 'tank talk' was informative and lively, the items on show were great by all members and the generosity of the entire group was incredible!

Thanks everyone for such a great time!

Just wanted to chime in and say THANKS to everyone involved... to our gracious host Pat, the ARC Staff, our sponsors, and the rest of the club for coming out and making a great day!

It should work now. There was a permissions issue with Professional Members that I fixed.

Still no luck, man

Still no luck, man

Try again. I told it to resync the permissions....

Archived