Announcing the April ARC Meeting and Frag Swap

mFrame

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agenda has been posted in original post for those who are curious about the timing of things:

Tenative Agenda:

3 pm - 7pm: Frag Swap and in general hanging out.

4 pm: and now a word from our host/Sponsor - A little bit about Castille Coral Ranch

5 pm: Get your hot Crawfish, boudain, and other cajun goodies

6:45 pm: Let's find out who wins the raffles!

7 pm: Live music

Just figured I'd do a quick update on our part at FS Woodworks. As some of you may know, we will be donating an adirondack chair to the club for a raffle item. I've worked on this chair for about 15 hours over the past 2 days, and I just couldnt keep my mouth closed: THIS CHAIR IS GOING TO BE NICE!! All that is left to do is to put it together, and include one last previously undisclosed detail (both of which will be completed tomorrow).

I'm telling you guys this now: you do NOT want to miss out of this chair. Normally for a chair like this, I'd probably ask $275-300. And if you bought this caliber chair at a big box store, you could expect to easily pay $400-450. Raffle tickets are $5 a piece or 5 for $20, from what I understand. No profit goes to me, it all goes to the club. This chair is going to be a steal, people!!!

Come out to the frag swap and enter to win. I GUARANTEE you won't be disappointed.

Hey so are only premium members allowed in the raffles (to buy) or its everyone who pays 5 bucks at ticket

For the 4 main raffles, yes they are limited to Premium Members:

Must be a Premium Member in order to participate in all raffle drawings. Tickets can be purchased from Dave or Robin Pettit. Do NOT HAVE TO BE present to win.

Sometimes we have general raffles for non-Premium members to participate. I am unsure if there is one at tomorrows meeting.

Hey so are only premium members allowed in the raffles (to buy) or its everyone who pays 5 bucks at ticket

As James said, the four raffle items tomorrow are restricted to Premium Members. These are some fantastic prizes, so don't miss your chance to win one! Additionally, anyone who signs on as a Premium Member tomorrow will receive a free ARC applique (car sticker).

The club will have several donated corals for sale in the community tank as well as some freebies open to everyone (while supply lasts).

Patrick and I are appealing to anyone that has a phonograph to let us know if you can bring it to the meeting tomorrow. We would like to use it to listen to some Justin Wilson records while we are eating mud bugs. Please advise.

Patrick and I are appealing to anyone that has a phonograph to let us know if you can bring it to the meeting tomorrow. We would like to use it to listen to some Justin Wilson records while we are eating mud bugs. Please advise.

I have an old school turntable, need to hook up to an amp. You may be hardpressed to find a phonograph/record player. JLMK

Can I purchase a premium membership today with my credit card, and get my sticker tomorrow?, it would have been awesome if I could have got raffle tickets on the store site for this meeting. Also can i do a bit on the ukulele ?

Yes, you can purchase the premium membership today (use the Paypal option). Don't add the sticker to your cart, we'll give it to you automatically tomorrow. You can pick the delivery method "Pick up at next meeting" and get your card and sticker tomorrow.

Raffle tickets will be available tomorrow at the swap, or you can purchase them TODAY and TOMORROW only in the ARC store here on the site (http://www.austinree...raffle-tickets/). You will only see them in the store if you are a Premium, Professional, Benefactor,or Sponsor member. Please remember that while you don't have to be present to win, you do have to be there tomorrow to pick up your tickets and place them in the Raffle jar for the prizes you're interested in!

I hope to have a method tomorrow by which you can pay for memberships and raffle tickets by CC or PayPal at the meeting, but just in case we have made the option above available. Thanks for reminding me to set this up Andrew!

not gonna make it. had to choose between building a stand for my lights or to spend 70 bucks in gas to go to the swap. i chose to build a stand. my loss but i really need to get these lights more than 2 inches off my water.

I'll be bringing several small frags of tyree green polyped toadstool, and palau nepthea. Also a large mainly orange acan colony, a green & white smaller acan, and other lps.

I'm really excited to see everyone!

Archived