Announcing the April ARC Meeting and Frag Swap

mFrame

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to bring a few frags for trade and was wanting to use the club frag tank. do I need to ask anyone or do anything prior?

+1 I have a torch, couple blastos, and maybe favia

I am going to bring a few frags for trade and was wanting to use the club frag tank. do I need to ask anyone or do anything prior?

The community frag tank will be set up. There will be demonstrations on dipping protocols for various types of frags.

As for access to it, that is a good question. This is the first time for the tank being set up.... Mike (mframe) might chime in later tonight or tomorrow. But I don't see any problem with you having access to it.

How is parking going to be at this location also anyone have name tags, whats the expected turnout. Do you we need to bring anything food wise or drinks, chairs, sunscreen. I also will be going to Sams Club (Slaughter) in the morning ish if anyone needs anything I need a case of monsters for work (30 bucks). I'm going to try and catch some peppermints tonight maybe an algae blenny or 2 no promises those guys are fast. Anyone have a pistol shrimp for sell I'm pretty sure I killed mine today.

I'm a bit confused, I don't have to be present to win, but I have to be present to put them in the raffle jar...how can I win if I'm not there to put them in the jar which is required to win?

How is parking going to be at this location also anyone have name tags, whats the expected turnout. Do you we need to bring anything food wise or drinks, chairs, sunscreen. I also will be going to Sams Club (Slaughter) in the morning ish if anyone needs anything I need a case of monsters for work (30 bucks). I'm going to try and catch some peppermints tonight maybe an algae blenny or 2 no promises those guys are fast. Anyone have a pistol shrimp for sell I'm pretty sure I killed mine today.

To answer a few questions:

• Yes, we have a frogspawn coral in the ARC tank for sale along with several other frags that will benefit the club
  • All ARC members are welcome to put their frags in the community tank. Stoneroller (Kevin) will be demoing how to dip corals for pests before they go in the tank.
  • Premium Membership cards double as nametags and are punched to hang from our great new ARC lanyards (free to Premium Members until we run out!). Sticker nametags are available for non-Premium Members
  • Parking will be where you can find it. Patrick's place is somewhat in the country, so there will be parking along the main road outside of his driveway
  • Blue and White ARC signs will guide you in from 1826, so watch for them!
  • Please feel free to bring food and snacks if you wish. Patrick is gracious enough to be providing 200lbs of crawfish, boudain, and other cajun "delicacies", but desserts and other finger foods are greatly appreciated. We will have sodas, bottled water, and a cooler of lemonade. BYOB and please please please BRING A BAG OF ICE if you see this before the meeting
  • Bring your $5 bills, perfect for picking up raffle tickets for our great prizes!

If you plan to setup something that needs power PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN POWER STRIP.

Still looking for blue ricordea, hulk and/or eagle eye zoas. Could use some macros too; (gracilaria or ulva)

Bringing cash and a small white gorg for trade.

I'm wondering about parking as well. Bring your own chairs, byob, sunscreen if you need it, bathing suit if planning on using the jacuzzi. An extension cord if you'll need power. I was told to contact Dave (dapettit) about food or drink needs. That's about all I know.

I'm a bit confused, I don't have to be present to win, but I have to be present to put them in the raffle jar...how can I win if I'm not there to put them in the jar which is required to win?

Originally we were only selling tickets there. If you have purchased tickets through the store or at the previous meeting and will not be at the meeting, contact me and let me know which jar(s) you want your ticket(s) in. Please have your messages to me by 4pm Saturday 4/21/2012 via PM here. I will make sure your tickets make it into the jars ONLY if you have met this deadline.

I have a cooler I can bring, if it is needed. Just let me know. I'll also bring a few 20 lb bags of ice. I plan on getting there right at 3 since i have the raffle chair. I can help set up or run some errands if that is needed as well. Someone just contact me and let me know if theres anything we can do to help.

WOW! Just got home from the BEST frag swap I have ever attended.

Who to thank:

Pat - thanks for hosting the meeting. The food was out of this world.

Mike, James, & Robin - we couldn't have done it with out you. You guys worked your rear off.

Don Duncan - the blue tenius has a place of honor in our tank.

To all of fabulous members - your guys know how to have a good time!

Thanks again for a great time!

Dave-

Archived