FTS thread

Got a camcorder for Xmas for the upcoming child... might as well use it on the tank in the meantime!

My nasty tank. All my Acros died a couple months back, just recently put in a few. Also recently got rid of a few HUGE rocks of GSP/Xenia. Working on building back up a base.

http://www.youtube.c...bed/ggg_O7Q3Yvw

And a FTS of my little 2.5gal planted. I really don't pay as much attention to this tank as I should. But there is a green clown goby, bumblebee shrimp, blue leg hermit, and rock with a couple palys on it in here. Tank simply has a HOB aquaclear mini and a normal 13W PC in the lid from Home Depot. Been setup for almost 2 years now.

img9293v.jpg

Looks to be a nice camera! Try cleaning all the empty snail shells, coral skeletons, etc off the sand bed; it makes a big difference in how the tank looks.

I like those there. Crazy pod populations living in them. Also, I tend to have hermits live a little longer when there are plenty of new shells for them to grow into, instead of fighting for the few available shells on snails or their tankmates backs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I might as well update my FTS since my last one was a couple years ago in a smaller tank. Just use your imagination and pretend all of my SPS frags towering over the rock work. whistle.gif Curious about people's opinion... should I scrape that coralline off the back wall or just leave it be? For those with the watchful camera eye, I did tweak the FTS color saturation to be more representative of the color seen in person since it was a simple point and click camera. I didn't bother with the closer shots though they could use a little more color to show what is really in the tank.

FTS2-14-12reframed.jpg

Leftside.jpg

Middle-1.jpg

Rightside.jpg

• Like 1

Updated FTS shot. One of my T5 ballasts went out a month ago (Tank had 6 x 54w T5 + VHO Actinics). I was planning on building a new hood and stripping the guts from a dual 250w MH coralife fixture and making it MH + Actinic LEDs, but didn't have the time. So this is just the stock Coralife Fixture with dual 250w MH and PC actinics/10k supplemental bulbs. Been over a month and everything is doing fine. You would think going from 324W of T5 with no reflectors to 500W MH + PC supplementals something would bleach.

img9363t.th.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hoping to get some more Zoanthid growth all over my new rocks.

I purchased 50lbs of dry rock from reefcleaners in Nov of 11, and just now got around to putting it in. I got rid of most of my GSP and Xenia rocks and left the tank a little bare for a while.

Yesterday

img0226bo.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tonight

img0244ih.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here are some quick panoramic pictures I took of the tank (this tank has been set up for 4 years now).

The first one came out decently clear, but chopped off the top part of the tank:

post-249-0-50503400-1357754608_thumb.jpg

The second one shows the whole tank, but is grainy:

post-249-0-28749700-1357754659_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just finished setting up the system again on the almost finished stands. Love the Cerameco.

post-2008-0-53370600-1363811268_thumb.jp

Fuge

post-2008-0-67098500-1363811410_thumb.jp

What size tank is that, it looks great! Where did you get the cerameco?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...