FTS thread

I finally got a decent FTS tonight. I lightened it up, so the contrast/brightness is a bit off, but shows things better.

James....you sure got a "City of Zoas" on your tank....what massive colonies you got there....Very Nice aquascape!

-Cindy-

Mine came out dark because I change the settings on my camera to take the picture really fast. This was so the fish did not come out blurry, but the side effect was not letting a lot of light into the camera, thus it coming out dark. I used a photo editing program to adjust the contrast and brightness to help lighten up the picture afterwards.

So the brighter the light inthe tank the darker the pic how does that work?

I could be wrong but. . .

The light in the tanks are more directional than spread, plus the deeper the tank more of the light spectrum is absorbed. You could photograph the tank at a lower shutter speed to allow more light but the fish would just be blurs. Again I'm not sure this is correct but sound good to me.

I could be wrong but. . .

The light in the tanks are more directional than spread, plus the deeper the tank more of the light spectrum is absorbed. You could photograph the tank at a lower shutter speed to allow more light but the fish would just be blurs. Again I'm not sure this is correct but sound good to me.

I think this is really true for Metal Halides (thus the shimmer). CF lamps give more spread to their light output.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Her's our current tank It's an 80 gal 36"Lx24"Wx22"H with an external overflow using the Bean Animal , the sump is abut a 49gal total with about 30gal working, skimmer with waste collector, calcium reactor Kalk reactor tied to the ATO, hood is a hanging pendant type hood with DIY LumenArcs running 14k Phoenix 250w HQI's

FTS.jpg