2015 Reef Savvy Dream Tank Giveaway

olaggie01

When we moved my 205 we used 4 guys and rope. After seeing windshields installed with cups I didn't wanna chance dropping it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Thanks Jeremy. Good info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got 3 more stand pics. Should be finished and crated and out the door on Wed. Due to the holiday I probably won't see it till next Tues (5th). Already planning on taking off most of next week. ;)

72441c99a77b5485b2bfb52d6a17165a.jpg

Acrylic tray to contain small spills

452be2b06665898fa598e32999d256e3.jpg

Mocked up

f030203df194d3012a239366aae6c6f4.jpg

• Like 4

Looks great! How do those doors work? Is it the slide in system instead of hinges?

Slide in system? As far as I'm aware, they are euro hinges. I need to install a lock on the cabinets to keep little grubby hands out of the sump

Looks great! How do those doors work? Is it the slide in system instead of hinges?

Slide in system? As far as I'm aware, they are euro hinges. I need to install a lock on the cabinets to keep little grubby hands out of the sump

Oh nice! Slide-in meaning it had a trim along the top and bottom of door and it slides into the open hole and is held there by the trim.

It has ARRIVED!!!29e724a47f80b2b740780b8107ab3435.jpg

I don't believe it. I'll need you to hold a newspaper with today's date on it and take a picture. [emoji12]

Congrats bud!

Seeing is believing Ty. You should help him uncrate it. Once he figures out Felix uses a whole box of screws to put his crates together.

• Like 1

It has ARRIVED!!!29e724a47f80b2b740780b8107ab3435.jpg

I don't believe it. I'll need you to hold a newspaper with today's date on it and take a picture. [emoji12]

Congrats bud!

Seeing is believing Ty. You should help him uncrate it. Once he figures out Felix uses a whole box of screws to put his crates together.

OMG. No kidding. I can go build a new deck now. And it will be like walking on a marshmallow thanks to the 5 million packing peanuts he used.

Good thing I've got a helper

6ab961a6a13f0eecc43f315792374183.jpg

• Like 2

It has ARRIVED!!!

29e724a47f80b2b740780b8107ab3435.jpg

Congrats bud!

Not a bad idea. I'm sure I would shock everyone to know it only took my tank 8 months to be built. ;).

I can't wait to get the stand and start working on it

Oh, that is too bad. You'll have to get a different skimmer I guess?

Can't figure out what to do. I can fit it in the fuge section but I'd rather run a decent fuge. I could replace the skimmer or replace the sump?

That's not even a question. The sump is dead sexy, so figure out what your new skimmer is going to be! laugh.png

True. Should have asked Felix to measure the compartments before he built it. I would have made the fuge a little bigger and not such a large drain section. Oh well. Guess I'll see what skimmer I can find to replace it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the stand and canopy delivered today.

I can't say enough about Chris Benner at Benner Woodworking. He worked with me over the past few months and I couldn't be happier. His attention to detail is amazing and besides being a great carpenter, he is also quite the engineer. I had a pair of actuators from a former build and wanted to incorporate them for this build. He worked with Progressive Automation and 80/20 to lay out a great system and I can't wait to get the lights hung in this beautiful canopy.

• Like 2

On to the pics.

We didn't take any during the move. Basically we flipped the tank on its back, up a few stairs and onto a dolley.

Stand was a little more complicated so we picked it up and carried it through the double doors and into the house

Lift tank and place it on the stand. Viola.

Canopy is light so my wife and I slide it on to snap a few pics

I got a call from the stand delivery company. Apparently, they have had trouble getting a tractor trailer into my neighborhood because of some issues with the road. The driver asked if I could meet him at the front of the neighborhood and come up with a plan.

We only have one way in and out of the neighborhood, but there is an access road for the construction trucks. I told him to try to drive down that road instead.