2015 Reef Savvy Dream Tank Giveaway

olaggie01

That's not how we had the rock scape! [emoji23]

It's pretty close actually. I think this is a better iteration. And don't forget I asked if you wanted to help :)

Haha, I was just ribbing you. Looks pretty close to the same concept.

That's not how we had the rock scape! [emoji23]

It's pretty close actually. I think this is a better iteration. And don't forget I asked if you wanted to help :)

Haha, I was just ribbing you. Looks pretty close to the same concept.

It was pretty hard to reaquascape based on the pic. I kept looking back at them but there were several that weren't white at the time. I should have numbered them. The zip ties helped but not enough.

I'm going to wash the sand and put it in this week.

By the way, this is the quietest tank I have ever owned. The overflow is dead silent, the pumps, skimmer and lights are so quiet.

So nice since its in my office

• Like 1

Still need to clean up a few remaining wires and do the left side but here is the right side of the sump

9fa453757826b37bc59dd5ce06f7bc86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks really clean!

Thanks. I need to get some better Velcro. The osmolator and vortech power supply have both come off of the boards. Guess I'll get some super glue or a screw to hold them on

Still need to clean up a few remaining wires and do the left side but here is the right side of the sump

That looks really clean!

Thanks. I need to get some better Velcro. The osmolator and vortech power supply have both come off of the boards. Guess I'll get some super glue or a screw to hold them on

If you don't want a permanent scenario. You could use heavy duty two sided tape. I was having a hard time removing power strips from the stand, and I've had them there for more than 3 years. Probably closer to 4 years

That looks really clean!

If you don't want a permanent scenario. You could use heavy duty two sided tape. I was having a hard time removing power strips from the stand, and I've had them there for more than 3 years. Probably closer to 4 years

Thanks. I may look into double sided tape

That looks really clean!

Just make sure it's the industrial or extra heavy duty

That looks really clean!

Just make sure it's the industrial or extra heavy duty

Will do. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well, murphy would strike when I'm out of town. Got a text last night at 3 AM local time that the aquarium had 1" of water in the stand. We had a power outage earlier in the day and the tank must have back siphoned from the returns, overflowing the sump. Thank goodness I had Chris Benner install an acrylic tray in the bottom of the sump. Saved my floors from a certain flood. Of course when the power came back on, the ATO drained trying to compensate so the Tunze osmolator was also going crazy. All in all, a good test of my tray but I'm upset I didn't make the returns siphon less from the main tank.

I'll check in today and see how everything looks.

Good thing you had that tray! Stories like this are exactly why I don't use foot valves to manage my water level. I'm sure there's always a good reason why an ATO keeps running in these cases and every tank needs a bit of growing pains to work through the kinks, but never once have I overflowed my sump with freshwater by running the ATO a few seconds every hour. My method may be antiquated, but it works without ever flooding my floors!

Is there a way you can adjust the overflows so this won't happen next time the power goes out?

Yes, I need to lift up the returns so they siphon break a few seconds after the return pump goes off. I should have done that already but we rarely get a power outage.

And the ATO did not overflow the sump, the back siphon from the DT did that. I only a 5 gallon bucket for the ATO so it wouldn't have overflowed the sump

Yes, I need to lift up the returns so they siphon break a few seconds after the return pump goes off. I should have done that already but we rarely get a power outage.

And the ATO did not overflow the sump, the back siphon from the DT did that. I only a 5 gallon bucket for the ATO so it wouldn't have overflowed the sump

Well at least it was just 5 gallons and didn't bring your SG way down or put more water in the tray. I know some people have their ATO tied directly into their RO system, which to me is just waiting for a catastrophe doh.gif

The osmolator should have a built in fail safe to only run for so long for this very purpose.

It does. And thankfully it only ran a bit. The real flooding issue was from the power outage unfortunately.

ALWAYS do a power outage test...i did and found out the same thing BEFORE i moved it into the house. Atleast you werent flooded.

Yup, I should have done it before I left for this trip. I had the return pump off before but didn't let it fully siphon I guess.

Got in some double sided tape to finish up the wiring. Also got in my Mars hydro fuge lamp. Thing is bright and way pink. Will need to finish the stand soon to keep the light bleed down

c1579ccfd97ad783587413718962c889.jpg

333b5ac7d4127148c0f9e16c9a37e23b.jpg

e564fefcf15bfceb4833ecf1d2d36818.jpg

75ed258acd543328b26cc86ec2207a0b.jpg