2015 Reef Savvy Dream Tank Giveaway

olaggie01

Yep, I think we've all had a day where nothing goes right with a project and multiple trips to the hardware store ensues.

So the tank has a crate, but does the tank itself exist yet? If so I think we need some pics!

The tank and sump are done. I'll have to ask Felix for a finished pic. I've seen a few of the tank and sump but not a finished product.

Yep, I think we've all had a day where nothing goes right with a project and multiple trips to the hardware store ensues.

So the tank has a crate, but does the tank itself exist yet? If so I think we need some pics!

The tank and sump are done. I'll have to ask Felix for a finished pic. I've seen a few of the tank and sump but not a finished product.

I'll be watching the RS facebook page. I'm sure he'll post pics!

Ok, explain to the noob here what cpvc is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's that other type of pvc fittings you see at Home Depot that is beige in color and doesn't seem to fit any of your pieces of schedule 40 PVC... no matter how hard you push it together. [emoji4]

Ok, explain to the noob here what cpvc is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CPVC is basically pvc rated for a higher temperature. It's Off white w/ yellow writing or grey and thicker. The glue for the yellow is one can and no primer where as normal pvc glue requires primer and glue. The grey cpvc has a two can process industrial strength grey glue and any primer can be used. Cpvc is used on residential water heaters a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Very good explanation of cpvc. It's also referred to as the devil. Why it's on your water softner is anyone's guess. It doesn't need it and it shouldn't be there.

As far as your tank, talk is cheap......if I had a dollar for every time I hear my tank is shipping soon I'd have a bunch of dollars. Felix is a good guy and it's definitely worth the wait. The oh so long day dragging wait. I'll believe it when I see pictures of the tank getting on the truck.

Thanks for the description of the cpvc. Thankfully I read it this morning and not last night or I might have had nightmares again.

True about the tank. We will see when it actually gets loaded. I'm out of town this week so I'm not too concerned. I'd like to get it wet by June so time is ticking (of course I think I said that in March and April and May)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going through my equipment trying to figure out what I need to have and what I should sell

I think for lights and skimmer I'm set.

I've got a kalk reactor, a liter meter 3 with extra pump head, a bunch of Tunze pumps, profilux controller, 2 biopellet reactors, couple of GFO/carbon reactors.

• 2 weeks later...

If patience is a virtue, you must be a very virtuous person. I am really interested to see how this build comes along with all of the planning you have done, it should be incredible.

Felix said everything is done. Just need to be around to accept it. Hoping for the 27th to ship

Hard to get fussy about a free tank. Both Felix and Chris have been great to work with.

• Like 3

Felix said everything is done. Just need to be around to accept it. Hoping for the 27th to ship

Hard to get fussy about a free tank. Both Felix and Chris have been great to work with.

Awesome! Can't wait to see some pics of the tank when it comes it.

Awesome! Can't wait to see some pics of the tank when it comes it.

You and me both.

Very nice. Gonna be really nice

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Dang that's sexy!

Super excited for you!

Thanks everyone. Just have to get through the next week and a half before it arrives in Austin