499 Gallon in wall

Kfennell

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got some, asked at the plumbing supply house and they said that they normally sell purple because the inspectors like to see it to prove you used it, that's the only difference between the two, now I know!

On the other hand, I am pretty sure that the back right leg is a little too short on the stand, it wasn't showing up before when we checked witha level, but under the weight it is not right, the front left corner isn't touching and the whole tank rises up right to left. Luckily the way it's built it should be easy to fix, but another stumbling block!

Edit: **** bio posted while I was typing!

I went to two plumbing supply shops and neither had true union ball valves or 2" PVC cutting tools so I went back to lowes for the last union I needed and ordered the cutting tool off amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000056C5J/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I didn't have them die THAT fast in my 240. Things were a little rough in there at times since it wasn't set up as well, but I never lost more then 1 every 3 months or so. I think that 30 would last for a long time!

Yeah, I was being somewhat sarcastic. It will def take them some time in such a large system, if ever.

A huge group of anthias would be prettier though!

I will 100% be getting a school of anthias as well, but not for a while, that will be a little more work and a little more expensive. Probably just lyretail anthias though unless someone starts showing me some sales :P

I've had my school of blue-green chromis for about 3 years. I occasionally try to add an additional one or two but always winnow back to the original three.

Last week I added 3 blue chromis from the Aquadome in the hopes that I can form a second school of 3, albeit slightly different.

• 1 month later...

It turns out that a construction zone is not a good place to have the tank setup at all, so I am just waiting for the house to be done to do anything else. I will measure for the sump and such this weekend and get them ordered, MAYBE this week I will be able to do some water tests, but one of the legs of the tank is 1/4" too short and I have been waiting for the framers to come back and get that fixed before I put water in it. Move in date is Feb 17th so there will be more progress after that.

hopefully with 100 lbs of rocks in a tank for 4 months now the cycling wont be so bad, but if it is long you are correct I WILL go bat**** crazy, holy cow this is all taking forever.

Oh another thing that should happen this week is getting in the front of tank cabinetry and granite bar/ledge :)

Archived