499 Gallon in wall

Kfennell

You don't even need that... I don't have a static IP and I host a couple of web pages.. My IP hasn't changed in 3 years..

Not everyone has that option though, and it's a chore to memorize a number that long.

Guys, I am not a fool. This is not a setings or dynamic IP problem, I literally do not have a public facing IP. I am on a type of shared connection ctux.net and the IP that I get with whatismyip resolves to their customer management server. I am going to try to contact them to forward me some ports or something so that I don't have to pay $30 a month for the IP.

Edit: Do not have one that resolves to my house to be fair, since obviously there is SOME public IP

Guys, I am not a fool. This is not a setings or dynamic IP problem, I literally do not have a public facing IP. I am on a type of shared connection ctux.net and the IP that I get with whatismyip resolves to their customer management server. I am going to try to contact them to forward me some ports or something so that I don't have to pay $30 a month for the IP.

Edit: Do not have one that resolves to my house to be fair, since obviously there is SOME public IP

Sounds like you've got it figured out. Let us know if we can help.

Sounds like you've got it figured out. Let us know if we can help.

Best just sit back and read :)

Wow, did I ever buy too much rock! I think I got 400 or 450 lbs, and I won't need nearly that much I don't think. I guess if someone wants some dry Marco Rocks there is lots available at my house for $2 a lb!

I started making the first structure last night, just put the first few rocks together for the base of the big arch. Going OK so far, using clothes hangers and epoxy to join the rocks together. Will connect the two base rocks together with PVC as well to add some strength so the arch doesn't try to pull apart at the base by sliding.

This picture is almost done just let the epoxy set overnight before we finish the rock arch on the right. I would probably like the rocks in the left pile to go higher but I actually ran out of rocks I thought I had wayyyy too much! I have some wet rocks that I can add to the pile once there is salt in it. It is filling about 10 inches a day.

kTZUeFN.jpg

And with the tank 80% full my DI resin lost its effectiveness and my TDS climbed up to 8 when I woke up sunday morning. So I shut down the filling until I get more in. I had already ordered some from BRS which is shipping today, but this will be a couple days delay I guess. In the mean time I just turned on the closed loop in the tank and added salt and a heater and some live rock from QT and I guess it's kind of starting to cycle.

I got probably 1000g out of it, I had been using it on the QT tank in the old house for a while, I had used it for filling the QT tank here, and I had probably accidently put at least 200g down the drain the other day when I left a wrong valve open.

In addition to this, I was not patient enough wiating for my RO system to flush itself out and some of the water going into my DI was at like 20 to briefly over 100 TDS. Even when the RODI was working perfect it was still around 10 PPM, the water going in is like 400.

In summary, I THINK it lasted the correct amount in that environment, I guess I'll see how the next one does, unless someone thinks I am mistaken. I thought they were only good for about 1000-2000 gallons typically?