440g Custom Starphire Metal-framed Reef Dropoff Tank

fjr_wertheimber

Guys,

I'd like you to all bow your heads. This is a very sad day.

From A.J. himself,

"I had to abandon it, when my fiancee that I shared the house with and I split. Can't have a 440 gallon reef tank in a third floor apartment, for some strange reason. ~sigh~"

Women. Can't reef with em, can't reef without em.

well, while the tank may not be, this thread should never die and continue to pay homage to the holy tank.

I suggest a meeting at the combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell to pay our respects to the passing of the tank

they may get upset if we all pour out some of our sodas on the way out the door.

maybe we can combine it with the pink boa and spandex meetings.

The really funny part about all this is that the guy who started this thread, his profile pic is of him looking lovingly into the eyes of a girl (most likely his fiancee), yet she is the reason the tank is dead!

ha. i think he looks terrified.

Well at least he's got his single guy priorities straight. Third floor apartment and a Porsche.

third floor apartment always just seemed like a lot of stairs to lug groceries. maybe that's why i was single so long. ground floor and an old nissan pickup.

• Like 3

Guys,

I'd like you to all bow your heads. This is a very sad day.

From A.J. himself,

"I had to abandon it, when my fiancee that I shared the house with and I split. Can't have a 440 gallon reef tank in a third floor apartment, for some strange reason. ~sigh~"

Women. Can't reef with em, can't reef without em. [/size]

Sorry guys but I'm not buying any of it. Got a good feeling tomorrow is the day! I pledge allegiance to the tank that may or may not actually exist, and to the dropoff...

• Like 1

So who wants to pick up the reins and actually build the tank? Can anyone contact her and see if maybe she has a new boyfriend?

I hereby nominate mFrame to start this build immediately! I'll throw in a free dinner from the combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.

• Like 1

I'm not buying it either. I bet he's got it set up right now. Filled with the largest sps colonies ever kept in a private aquarium. With schools of moorish idols. He's been reading this along just to throw us off. I'm thinking pitch fork and torch time. We should meet at the combination Taco Bell Pizza Hut to strategize first.

So who wants to pick up the reins and actually build the tank? Can anyone contact her and see if maybe she has a new boyfriend?

I hereby nominate mFrame to start this build immediately! I'll throw in a free dinner from the combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.

Or dominos :)...I'll finance some good food from my store if someone like this one up...might be cold by the time it gets there though I'm 3 hrs away lol...I'd do the tank but I'm afraid of a divorce...oh plus I have no money to finance it haha

Bump.

Why don't you use your Sketchup skills and make a rendering of what the tank SHOULD look like given it's age and mixed reef stocking... grin.png

Here's my best guess based on all available information. I probably should have bumped up the amount of coralline on the glass.

post-2030-0-75037000-1381512905_thumb.jp

• Like 2