Juiceman

The big Angelfish are popular lately. I had to try my dream fish at least one time and currently have one in QT. I didn't think you were prepared to make the sacrifice though! They're known to bite off new acropora corallites. There's a whole list of corals that you can't keep with them. I've been researching them for months, but can't get a definite answer on Euphyllias, Duncans, Flower Pot corals, mushrooms or Ricordea.

The big Angelfish are popular lately. I had to try my dream fish at least one time and currently have one in QT. I didn't think you were prepared to make the sacrifice though! They're known to bite off new acropora corallites. There's a whole list of corals that you can't keep with them. I've been researching them for months, but can't get a definite answer on Euphyllias, Duncans, Flower Pot corals, mushrooms or Ricordea.

Mine will snack on my Hawkins echinata tips every once in a blue moon but otherwise, doesn't mess with my acros.

He leaves my flowerpots, euphyllias, and duncans alone though. Zoas are dead in the water... like candy to it. YMMV.

Mine will snack on my Hawkins echinata tips every once in a blue moon but otherwise, doesn't mess with my acros.

He leaves my flowerpots, euphyllias, and duncans alone though. Zoas are dead in the water... like candy to it. YMMV.

Yeah, we'll see. I've wanted one for a long time same with a Moorish Idol... We'll see if I get lucky and get one that doesn't mess with anything.

I hear ya. I've thought about a Moorish Idol for almost as long as I've been in the hobby. On the bright side, idols are known to eat the same stuff as the large angels. If you can keep one then you don't have anything left to lose by keeping the other. Buying one from DD is your best option, but you may have luck with any specimen. I've heard of people having success with Rod's Food and then converting them from there. I don't have it in me to try knowing that I may lose multiple fish before finding success. If you find the secret, then there would be no shortage of people looking for a converted idol.

I'm not taking any chances with the angel. Some people have said that juvenile angels were fine with corals, only to devastate whole colonies during changing or after adult. I'd rather not start a collection of zoas than have a colony wiped out later. It's like birth control - it works every time until it doesn't.

I hear ya. I've thought about a Moorish Idol for almost as long as I've been in the hobby. On the bright side, idols are known to eat the same stuff as the large angels. If you can keep one then you don't have anything left to lose by keeping the other. Buying one from DD is your best option, but you may have luck with any specimen. I've heard of people having success with Rod's Food and then converting them from there. I don't have it in me to try knowing that I may lose multiple fish before finding success. If you find the secret, then there would be no shortage of people looking for a converted idol.

I'm not taking any chances with the angel. Some people have said that juvenile angels were fine with corals, only to devastate whole colonies during changing or after adult. I'd rather not start a collection of zoas than have a colony wiped out later. It's like birth control - it works every time until it doesn't.

No palys or zoas for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's time for some Coral Shots!

FTS

post-1783-0-04767000-1475028142_thumb.jp

Right Structure

post-1783-0-75685100-1475028150_thumb.jp

Left Structure

post-1783-0-10235000-1475028159_thumb.jp

Unknown Mille, Strawberry Wine Table, Green Efflo

post-1783-0-37459400-1475028164_thumb.jp

Red Tipped Green Mille

post-1783-0-00260800-1475028170_thumb.jp

Fishy Business Cali Tort

post-1783-0-44303000-1475028175_thumb.jp

Blue Plana

post-1783-0-45907900-1475028180_thumb.jp

Unknown ASD Acro, Paletta Pink Tip, Rainbow Stylo

post-1783-0-73345000-1475028185_thumb.jp

Green Slimer, Strawberry Shortcake, Purple/Blue Stag, Unknown ASD

post-1783-0-55171500-1475028190_thumb.jp

Palmers Blue, Red Mille, Pearlberry

post-1783-0-75303600-1475028195_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Nice! Wait, where are all the beautiful rock overtaking corals in your system? Let's get some xenia, blue cloves, and star polyps in there! [emoji12]

Nice! Wait, where are all the beautiful rock overtaking corals in your system? Let's get some xenia, blue cloves, and star polyps in there! [emoji12]

Don't forget the Aiptasia!

Insert Dislike Button here..... angry.png

Awesome, you found one on DD? You must have snatched him up as soon as it went live because I never saw the sale post. Lucky dog! I'm not sure if everyone knows about this page, but Diver's Den lists what they feed their fish. The Moorish Idol isn't on the list, but I'm assuming that he follows the angelfish or butterflyfish diet. Have you tried feeding yet?