ARC February Meeting

dapettit

One metric ton of chaeto with livestock. Tiger Pods so big that they roar.

I guess that means that I will be there with bells. I am not sure where the phrase comes from but it is a good thing.

Patrick

Well, If it quits pouring rain here I'm gonna try to make it

If you can make it, Patrick mentioned you were looking for ministars. I pulled about 25 asterina stars to give you. Otherwise it can be a door prize. (that idea was patrick's)

I was surprised with the large amount of Red Ogo Chevechi that was eaten, A small amount of tilapia marinaid and vegetaerian chevechi was all that remained. All the Red Ogo Seaweed was gone. Either in the stomick or perhapes some ones refugium.

http://www.sms.si.edu/irlspec/gracil_tikvah.htm

This is the seaweed that we eat.

http://hawaii.edu/reefalgae/invasive_algae/rhodo/gracilaria_parvispora.htm

This is the fine textured seaweed that comes from IndoPacific Seafarm in Hawaiia (Tang Heaven Red). It is also harvested in the Gulf of Mexico on the Florida coast by GulfCoast EcoSystems. While I have this seaweed variety, I will not grow it as a commercial product. It is too sensitive to changes in salinity and no tolerance for cold or hot.

http://live-plants.com/redbush.htm

This macro qualifies for decorator status in a display tank. Some of you got samples of this.

http://marineplantbook.com/

This macro reference guide was put together by the owner of GulfCoast EcoSystems. It is a common sense description that a hobiest would find useful to maintain these beautiful macros in display tanks.

Enjoy,

Patrick

Thanks everyone. I'm glad everyone had a good time.

I am starting a thread in the photography forum to post the photos you took at the meeting. I hope everyone wil post something, No limit to how many you post.

Dave-

Argh! I've been remiss on keeping up on all the goings on here at the ARC. Sorry I missed today's meeting. Is there a way to get a premium membership w/o going to a meeting? maybe the ol' fashioned snail mail? I'll be taking some pics of my tank here tomorrow. A lot has changed!

Nice seeing everyone again, and meeting quite a few new people.

It was great to finally meet you Patrick. Thanks for your very generous Macro algae and pods. Your cevice was awesome. I am really looking forward to the crawfish boil.

Thanks to Dave & Robin for hosting as well.

Argh! I've been remiss on keeping up on all the goings on here at the ARC. Sorry I missed today's meeting. Is there a way to get a premium membership w/o going to a meeting? maybe the ol' fashioned snail mail? I'll be taking some pics of my tank here tomorrow. A lot has changed!

You can purchase a premium membership via the online store (link at the top of the site). There is an option to have it mailed to you.

Dave, thanks again for hosting the meeting and the presentation!!

Also to the lady who won the Turpinaria peltata frag (Pagoda coral) I donated I want to apolpgize as I forgot your name doh.gif but here's a jpg of the parent colony along with the frag fully expanded (sorry the one picture is a little fuzzy). Agian it is a fairly hardy coral and does well in moderate light and flow. The parent colony varies from about 10" below T5s to 18" on the lower lip Feel free to holler at me with any questions.

post-1247-0-37713000-1329668923_thumb.jp

Timfish,

It was me (Emily happy.png ) and its looking pretty excellent in my aquarium actually, opening up and expanding! I made sure to keep it far away from my bubbletip and its about a foot under my T5s and currently by the eheim outflow. Here's a pic! (now, I took this with my cell, it does not reflect my photographing skills/tips I picked up during the meeting haha tongue.png ) Just to double check, is it fully photosynthetic or should I be mindful of feeding it?

post-2155-0-76206600-1329711470_thumb.jp

Edited by ClarkiiCircus
  • Like 1

I just wanted to thank everyone who came out despite the rain. We had over 30 attend, and several have mentioned how much they appreciated Dave & Robin offering up their house and time to cover our topic of photography in the aquarium. Thanks to our great hosts, and welcome to our new Premium Members.

For those of you who took home corals, be sure and post some pics of what you won, traded for, or bought! And don't forget to put March's meeting on your calendar. It'll be Saturday, March 17 at Jakedoza's place. Time and further details will be posted under the March meeting thread.

While you're at it, you can put the April meeting (and ARC Spring Frag Swap) on your calendar for April 21 at Castille Coral Ranch. Lot's more good stuff coming up!