ARC February Meeting

dapettit

gallery_251_14_40754.jpg

David Pettit, aka dapettit, has volunteered to host the February Meeting, at his home in Northeast.

The details:

Saturday, February 18, at 3 pm

UPDATE: We got some free goodies too.

- Starter coral grab bags, open to all attendees (member or not). Will include things like GSP, Devils hand leather, and one that Timfish is bringing that I can't remember . Limited quantities, first come first serve

- Door prizes: $25 RCA gift cert, $25 Aqua-Dome gift cert, $25 ARC gift cert (can be used for membership or merchandise),

We will also have available:

-ARC merchandise,

-ARC vinyl appliques will be available,

- New membership cards

If you received a digital camera for Christmas or you would like a refresher in tank photography you don't want to miss this meeting

Premium Membership cards will be avaiable at the meeting too. Please see Robin Pettit for your card.

If you would like to bring food or drinks please send me dapettit a PM

gallery_251_14_40754.jpg

Will the party continue as a hot tub party after dark?

Bring your trunks it can handle 3 at a time tongue.png

that's not much of a party Dave if the hot tub only handles 3 people and you have to wear clothes! whistle.gif

Gotta keep it family friendly. . . smile.png

Dave, I begin reading your 150G tank build post. I am envious of the way that Robin has embraced reef keeping with you. My wife of 38 years tolerated my hobby. It means so much more when you are not the only kid in the house.

Patrick

PS It seems as if the natives want to go X-rated on you with the Jacuzi. Remember, only you can prevent forest fires.

Jake / Dave

With respect to photography, cane I get a suggestion as to which camera I need to buy. I am almost as dumb as a brick about producing pictures. I would like a KISS (keep it simple, stupid) camera. Something we might call bullet proof or fool proof. I am going to buy a sponsorship for Castille Coral Ranch and I want to start posting seaweed maraculture pictures.

Patrick

These kind of questions can always turn into "this camera brand is better than that camera brand".. I really don't think you can go wrong with either a Canon or Nikon point and shoot camera. Personally I'm a little biased to Canon because that is what I own and use. My wife has a Canon Elf, as do I and they work brilliantly. I also like the fact that most of the Canon point and shoots can be hacked with CHDK to give them more abilities, but I know all of that may be over your head.

Dave, I begin reading your 150G tank build post. I am envious of the way that Robin has embraced reef keeping with you. My wife of 38 years tolerated my hobby. It means so much more when you are not the only kid in the house.

Patrick

PS It seems as if the natives want to go X-rated on you with the Jacuzi. Remember, only you can prevent forest fires.

Pat I agree. It makes it easier when the on you love the most is also as passionate about the hobby as you are.

Dave-

Hey Dave,

Are you going to need any help on the topic side of things? I can help with some instruction/teaching if needed. LMK.

-Jake

Jake, thanks. I pretty much have it covered. I'll be tethered shooting this time. I going to be shooring both dslr and point & shot cameras. I may need you brain during the Q&A.

Dave-

Jake / Dave

With respect to photography, cane I get a suggestion as to which camera I need to buy. I am almost as dumb as a brick about producing pictures. I would like a KISS (keep it simple, stupid) camera. Something we might call bullet proof or fool proof. I am going to buy a sponsorship for Castille Coral Ranch and I want to start posting seaweed maraculture pictures.

Patrick

Pat you have opened a can of worms here. I will not debate which system is best. I will have ever you find a price point you are comfotable with and see what is available. I strongly suggest you hold, play with and ask a lot of questions before making a purchase. After all YOU will be the one usnig it. But, my first camera was a 1965 Nikon Ftn.

Dave-