FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

I can understand that, I notice the difference running the LEDS now vs the MH i used to run, i almost went back with a 250 with the phoenix 14k again over this tank, but i thought id evolve and see what's out there with the leds. i tend to view the tank more under the morning blue light spectrums then the day time lighting as well. So i can def see your point of the blue. 

its still gorgeous, and the polyp extension is crazy. that's one happy coral. 

• Like 1

It's definitely a personal preference.  I know when I was first planning I looked at a lot of tanks and was always drawn to those that were colorful but still used a whiter or more natural spectrum.  Since I was starting from scratch I made my purchases based on that preference.  If it didn't look good under white I didn't buy it.  Still, I do let my tank go to heavy blue/actinic for an hour or so before lights out so I can marvel at the florescence.  Any more than that is too much for me; it reminds me of looking at the old black light posters from the 70's.

There are enough coral choices out there to be selective in whichever aesthetic you prefer or to have a mixture.   Ty's post on R2R and vendors that show both spectrums on their websites benefit everyone.

• Like 3

Is that the original Hung's rainbow or the grafted version that Battlecorals sells?   

I bought a few corals directly from Hung and they were all pretty amazing, but have not seen the rainbow in person.  Your frag looks awesome!

• Like 1

Is that the original Hung's rainbow or the grafted version that Battlecorals sells?   
I bought a few corals directly from Hung and they were all pretty amazing, but have not seen the rainbow in person.  Your frag looks awesome!
The original and not the grafted. I'm curious if it'll ever go that route.
  • Like 1

Jason Fox Fire Dragon (actinic) - heard its the same thing as the WWC Little Red Ferarri... From pictures of it I'd say the Fire Dragon looks very similar.
767f78f18cc5183d4c734a865f111546.jpg
035375290ad6dabc4d7fa8b9a24e5459.jpg

New piece I got, MattV Psycho Asylum (actinic). I look forward to its color development in the tank.
437109b2619e6f179b0648f9e1c163fe.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, FarmerTy said:

Vivid Aquariums Confetti (actinic) - it's really starting to get its colors the last couple of months.

d3041e848576d5208b6b77ed0afe2faa.jpg
bb2ec7333324e83389069c16b330f150.jpg
2b63ee83af5168489f719cc428c5fd62.jpg
7c02b3df7b2b0b25f6006b129dd99b1f.jpg
08ed8a1a47c01e4e80ff8e325bffe1ed.jpg

Daaaaymn that is one amazing coral, absolutely stunning!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:
59 minutes ago, jolt said:
I did enjoy it but maybe it didn’t read that way in the post. Everything is looking great

Thanks Jolt! How's your display filling in these days? Any more frags graduate into the display yet?

No, sadly. Hopefully soon. I have an anemone and clownfish in an isolation box in there. Wanted to get them paired up, then let the anemone find it’s spot. Then I will start placing frags.  After one week the clownfish is not interested yet. 

• Like 1

No, sadly. Hopefully soon. I have an anemone and clownfish in an isolation box in there. Wanted to get them paired up, then let the anemone find it’s spot. Then I will start placing frags.  After one week the clownfish is not interested yet. 
Did you do the whole picture of a clownfish hosting taped on the glass for it to stare at? [emoji16]