FarmerTy's 215 gallon - No Water Changes SPS Tank

FarmerTy

Haha. They are pretty sweet looking. I'd love to grab one down the road...just wanted to rearrange my rock work a bit first. 
And I'm guessing that was a typo...you meant $30 right??
To get in the door! [emoji12]

I'll give you some MVP pricing since you helped me out big time! [emoji106][emoji106]
  • Like 1

They've turned on me! Ahhh! They've already taken the small dog. We're taking the kid and running! Save yourselves!

Only ones I'm selling right now are the Mak Corals Inferno BTA, $300 for my local friends if anybody wants one. [emoji4]

Haven't really posted locally since only BTA collectors really buy the nems I have. But I'm game if anybody wants it for a discount locally. [emoji16]7fba6f8a9837fa074cd8b9f64be5217c.jpg4a165be072f286f5a34103756b6b1fef.jpg2099b973c0409ad9c8b65a8c52ed7282.jpg

Why do I always get in the expensive hobbies. Sick nems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

How it splitting in your hand? Lol

I'm that efficient now... Just hand frag Nems now. [emoji12]

Why do I always get in the expensive hobbies. Sick nems

Thanks! Aren't all hobbies expensive? [emoji23]
  • Like 1

I wish i hadn't bought the rainbow already ( not that the clowns have shown ANY interest at all) those are beautiful. 
Thanks Matt! I'm assuming you are talking about the Mak Infernos? They bubble like crazy! Too awesome!

The one on the video is a giant Colorado sunburst! They are spectacular!

......is that music a ringtone from your phone??? Out of everything there is to point out in here...I notice that, I know I know. :firefirefire:
Dude... You're Fired Jose! And yes... It kind of does sound like a ringtone on my old phone now that you say that. [emoji16]
  • Like 1

Ty,
How's the alkatronic doing? I was holding out for the Trident, but may not anymore.
Any frustrations you didnt expect?
It's doing it's job. I still haven't given it full control of my alk... Just monitoring for now. I think I'll give it full control in another month to decrease or increase my alk as necessary.

Only frustration is getting it online but that's because of my ISP. Most others aren't having this issue and its not an issue with the unit itself as it works with my phone as a hotspot. I would recommend for those looking for an alk controller.

It's doing it's job. I still haven't given it full control of my alk... Just monitoring for now. I think I'll give it full control in another month to decrease or increase my alk as necessary.

Only frustration is getting it online but that's because of my ISP. Most others aren't having this issue and its not an issue with the unit itself as it works with my phone as a hotspot. I would recommend for those looking for an alk controller.
So does it need a spot on the eb832 for you to monitor alk via fusion?

And sorry for a dumb question, how do you plan on it controlling your alk more? Will you program your carx ph range to adjust based on results? Is that possible?
  • Like 1

So does it need a spot on the eb832 for you to monitor alk via fusion?

And sorry for a dumb question, how do you plan on it controlling your alk more? Will you program your carx ph range to adjust based on results? Is that possible?

No, it doesn't even need an Apex. It is a fully independent alk controller. It will test, and dose more alk, or turn off your CaRX/dosers when needed.

When I plan to let it loose, I will give it control to shut off my CO2 solenoid when alk is too high and dose more alk 2-part when too low. It has a bluetooth controlled AC plug that I will plug my CO2 solenoid into and that is how it'll turn on and off my gas.

It has stepper motors on the unit itself that will dose alk 2-part for me when alk is low.
  • Thanks 1

Got it. My only reason I am even thinking about getting one so soon is because I'm going out of town for 1 month in December.
And the fact that I would be able to monitor my alk without asking someone to come over and test is nice.

I could then tweak my co2 PH on FUSION as needed.

But if my trip was only a 7-10 days, I probably could delay getting one for another year till my corals actually start growing ha.... but if I'm gonna get one in a year anyway, shouldn't I just get one now?

Look at me trying to convince myself smh.

• Like 1

Got it. My only reason I am even thinking about getting one so soon is because I'm going out of town for 1 month in December.
And the fact that I would be able to monitor my alk without asking someone to come over and test is nice.

I could then tweak my co2 PH on FUSION as needed.

But if my trip was only a 7-10 days, I probably could delay getting one for another year till my corals actually start growing ha.... but if I'm gonna get one in a year anyway, shouldn't I just get one now?

Look at me trying to convince myself smh.

Get one, set it up, survive your vacation, then if you don't like it still, sell it when you're back, maybe lose a couple hundred but that's probably easily worth the amount of corals it saved while you were gone.
  • Like 1

How frequently does your alk get out of whack with a CaRx?.....
Rarely ever as long as everything is happy and stays happy. I'll get drift over 2-3 months as the media decreases and there is more mass in the tank. A quick pH setting change on the Apex usually takes care of that until I replace media at month 6.