the jolt 1̶5̶0̶ 180

jolt

Wha how did I get drug into this.  I think he is doing fantastic.  I was probably 90-120 days getting my frag tank wet after delivery.    I mean Jim did conceive, build and start a 4' frag tank within this build.  Plus 2 qt's and a very elaborate water system....

jim SMH......it's TPS reports......:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reburn said:

Wha how did I get drug into this.  I think he is doing fantastic.  I was probably 90-120 days getting my frag tank wet after delivery.    I mean Jim did conceive, build and start a 4' frag tank within this build.  Plus 2 qt's and a very elaborate water system....

jim SMH......it's TPS reports......:)

Thanks for sticking up for me!  I'll make sure to credit your assistance in my TPS report ....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reburn said:

I mean Jim did conceive, build and start a 4' frag tank within this build.  Plus 2 qt's and a very elaborate water system....

This is not only true, but what feeds my needs!  Can't get me hooked and then take it away!  C'mon jolt!

2199fs8.gif

• Like 1

Subject: TPS Report for 2/4/2017

Accomplishments for this day:

1. Received a square tail bristletooth tang, an ORA Joe the Coral, and an ORA plum Crazy from Divers Den.  Tang is in QT, frags were dipped in Bayer and Flatworm Exit and are now in the frag tank.
  2. Received 3 bumblebee snails, 6 banded trochus snails, and 6 mexican cerith snails  from Live Aquaria.  They were acclimated and put in the frag tank.
  3. Moved 3 Bartlett's Anthias from QT into frag tank.  
  4. Began draining the display tank for the move into final position tomorrow
  5. Finished the extended wiring for the radions, and did the spackling touchup for the minor repairs needed after hanging the lights
  6. Tested the supply line from the saltwater mixing station to the DT.  All is well.
  7. Secured all behind cabinet wiring and tubing in prep for final positioning

Plans for upcoming 24 hour period:

1. Take pink streak wrasse pair off prazipro and begin raising their QT to final salinity
  2. Get the bristletooth to eat, he's super stressed right now
  3. Finish draining DT in prep for final positioning
  4. Make more SW
  5. WC and regular maintenance on 32 gallon tank and frag tank
  6. Cook 4 racks of ribs
  7. Watch super bowl

Respectfully filed for management approval,

Jolt

Attachment:

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 2

Well, Jimbo, usually when I make an update it's kind of a 'tip of the iceburg' report, but I guess some folks wanted more details :) 

This was actually a pretty typical weekend over the last couple of months.  When I started the 180, I did not account for how much work it would be to maintain a tank, bring one up, and build one all at the same time :blink:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobcatReefer said:

That's what I'm talkin' bout Jolt!!!  :cheer:

Question: How the heck did you move it into final position? We had Reburn and several young bucks and it was dang near impossible to budge.

I've had it long enough that I now understand how to work with it.  Getting the tank aligned on the stand was super hard.   I got suction cups and we did it with three people.  Moving the stand around I can do by myself.  Put my back up against the cabinet (not the tank!), and use my legs to push it. 

• Like 2

My todo list:

- mount, wire in, and plumb the ATO

- setup the skimmer, neck cleaner, and skimmate locker

- build the manifold and setup the CaRx and media reactors

- aquascape

That's all I can think of at the moment.  Here's a teaser (still work in progress):

IMG_2589.JPG

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, jolt said:

My todo list:

- mount, wire in, and plumb the ATO

- setup the skimmer, neck cleaner, and skimmate locker

- build the manifold and setup the CaRx and media reactors

- aquascape

That's all I can think of at the moment.  Here's a teaser (still work in progress):

IMG_2589.JPG

That's what i want my stuff to look like when it grows up. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Isaac said:

you used a breadboard as a mounting point? geek! :) (but awesome, wish i thought of that)

Yeah, they make them in various sizes for bud boxes.  I like it because I can move things around without having a jillion holes drilled

I used this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UPE9B6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 2 weeks later...