the jolt 1̶5̶0̶ 180

jolt

On 8/17/2017 at 8:13 AM, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Nice frag selection Jolt, they're all looking really happy too. I look forward to seeing corals transition into and filling out your tank. You should be the textbook example of how to slowly and patiently build up a tank to prevent any issues.

Shhh, there's nothing to see here, don't invoke the wrath of the coral gods!

Today marks two years to the day since I started this thread.  

As many have pointed out, it's taken MUCH longer than I anticipated but I'm really glad I took the detour of starting up the frag tank before loading up my display with coral.  

I'm also glad that I've taken a no compromise stance on equipment, quarantine procedures, etc., even though it's been really hard to remain patient and often it seems like I will never finish.  But, I'm starting to see some signs that the display is winding down on the ugly algae phase, and the frag tank seems to have hit its stride now.   

Tomorrow I'm heading out to NOLA for MACNA 2017, so I won't be spending much time on ARC for a week or so.  I'm pretty pumped about MACNA, and I hope to bring back a lot of goodies for the frag tank!  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, jolt said:

Today marks two years to the day since I started this thread.  

As many have pointed out, it's taken MUCH longer than I anticipated but I'm really glad I took the detour of starting up the frag tank before loading up my display with coral.  

I'm also glad that I've taken a no compromise stance on equipment, quarantine procedures, etc., even though it's been really hard to remain patient and often it seems like I will never finish.  But, I'm starting to see some signs that the display is winding down on the ugly algae phase, and the frag tank seems to have hit its stride now.   

Tomorrow I'm heading out to NOLA for MACNA 2017, so I won't be spending much time on ARC for a week or so.  I'm pretty pumped about MACNA, and I hope to bring back a lot of goodies for the frag tank!  

Your patience and meticulous patience is commendable Jolt! A gold standard for us all to look to when considering the constraint and diligence required in a tank design/build. Have fun at MACNA, I really wanted to spend my birthday weekend there, but my class reunion happened to land on the same weekend. :thumbsdown: Take lots oh notes and photos to share!

2 hours ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Your patience and meticulous patience is commendable Jolt! A gold standard for us all to look to when considering the constraint and diligence required in a tank design/build. Have fun at MACNA, I really wanted to spend my birthday weekend there, but my class reunion happened to land on the same weekend. :thumbsdown: Take lots oh notes and photos to share!

Oh, tough choice, but there's always next year for Macna (in Vegas!).  Would have been nice to meet up with you in NOLA and scavenge the frag tanks for deals :)

11 minutes ago, jolt said:

Oh, tough choice, but there's always next year for Macna (in Vegas!).  Would have been nice to meet up with you in NOLA and scavenge the frag tanks for deals :)

Oh it's Vegas next year? I might be able to swing a free trip then since I currently have a client out there! That would be sweet :D Little longer trip back home though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Oh it's Vegas next year? I might be able to swing a free trip then since I currently have a client out there! That would be sweet :D Little longer trip back home though.

You think MACNA will ever be held in Ranger, Texas? Maybe Diboll or Texas City? No?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, victoly said:

You think MACNA will ever be held in Ranger, Texas? Maybe Diboll or Texas City? No?

Maybe there is a small chance for one of those, but I'm betting Houston sooner or later

From Unique Corals:   Bali Shortcake mini colony, purple horrida mini colony

From WWC: terra red mini colony, pearlberry, french tickler, vic's granulosa

From Fraghouse: Wet Thumbs Creamy Milli, JF Solar Flare Milli

From Jason Fox: UC 2009 Strawberry Shortcake

From Joe Knows Reefs: wolverine, arctic tundra, 24k

From Sticks'n Stones: WWC hologram milli, tyree tequila sunrise milli

Awesome scores at MACNA! That 3rd WWC frag name... Can't believe someone named it that! [emoji51]

That's going to just add to the amazing frag system you got going Jolt!

Also, that bellus angel almost looked like a postcard of a fish for some reason... Maybe the white background.