the jolt 1̶5̶0̶ 180

jolt

thats a bad A sump very very cool an a low iron tank too man someone having an early Christmas nice good for them, remember pictures to inspire us starters lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Haha - I've been working on this build now since June 2015. So this is the second black friday that I've been able to score good deals on equipment. I m going for the record of slowest build EVER.

• Like 4

I think I've just been re-inspired to build a house around my next piece of "furniture"

Thanks!

You know, since I was a young boy I always wanted to have a dedicated aquarium room. Took me almost 50 years (and a lot of convincing my wife) to get there but I'm almost done now grin.png

• Like 1

It's perfect for you're tank! It adds interest without taking away from the aquarium

In my case I have to convince my husband it doesn't take much money and actually makes money. Yeah, time to get creative. But I'm psyched that this came together for you! Every reefers dream :)

from me

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haha - my sump should arrive friday punk.gif , I got a ton of stuff over black friday, and I am planning to have a "light rack hanging" and "plumbing fest" over the christmas break. I've pretty much finished the electrical area, but my cell phone takes really crappy pictures!

I got this SS Matheson regulator for the CaRx:

post-3460-0-21278300-1481124436_thumb.jp

And I have 8 fish in quarantine for my frag tank, and I have 5 test frags in the frag tank now.

post-3460-0-94253700-1481124455_thumb.jp

I'll do a big photo loaded update by new years! Thanks for asking Jimbo

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

There is *some* progress, but not as much as I had hoped.

I have the drains and most of the return dry fit now. Waiting on my return pump to come in (hopefully today!) to finish the return plumbing. At this point I'm planning to run a manifold off a dedicated pump rather than my return pump, but I haven't sorted out which pump to run the manifold. The plan is to finish the drain and return lines and leak test them, then later deal with the manifold.

post-3460-0-34344400-1483111512_thumb.jp

post-3460-0-02466100-1483111528_thumb.jp

This one is overexposed, but you get the idea ...

post-3460-0-35683300-1483111746_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Ok, question for the experienced CaRx folks out there. I am using the reborn media and neo-mag. I mixed it in the reactor 9:1 as directed. But the water in the chamber looks really cloudy. Do you guys rinse your media before loading the reactor chamber?

Ok, question for the experienced CaRx folks out there. I am using the reborn media and neo-mag. I mixed it in the reactor 9:1 as directed. But the water in the chamber looks really cloudy. Do you guys rinse your media before loading the reactor chamber?

I usually do as well.
  • Like 1

Ok, looks like I ought to rinse next time. Basically there is a lot of dust settled on the bottom of the chamber, so don't really want to let that build up too much over time.

Pressure gauges did not budge over night during the leak test. I'm pretty happy about that, so now it's on to programming the Apex!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For the next glacial update, the new frag tank has its first fish resident. A red head solon wrasse:

post-3460-0-92114000-1484219778_thumb.jp

And, no pictures, but there are now about a dozen ACTUAL FRAGS in the frag tank ...

Yesterdays parameters in the frag tank:

Calcium 410

Alk 8.12

Mag: 1275 (will be dosing it up a bit)

Nitrate 0.5 (been dosing small amounts of Seachem Flourish)

Phosphate 0.02

Calcium reactor is not dialed down below 7.9 Ph right now, I'm just kind of watching it's behavior and my Apex programming for it, so I've just been manually topping off with BRS 2 part ...

• Like 3

So with the needle valve on my calcium reactor closed, and the solenoid also closed the Ph has drifted down from 7.88 to 7.66

Should the Ph get lower even without C02 bubbles going in? I do have the manifold open to the reactor, the circulation pump on, and the effluent dripping about 60 drops per minute ....