Manny's 75G Upgrade

Manny

I have KNO3 and K2HPO4 you can use if you need to bring your NO3 and PO4 to a specific number

Also are they instructing you to turn off your skimmer for any of this? Particularly the amino acid/trace element/color boosting stuff?

I'll take you up in that offer.

I've been doing a lot of research so I wanted to post my thoughts on the Red Sea program.

My thoughts.

Your thoughts say a lot about you Ty. In fact the resemble you in a very accurate manner. They're short.
  • Like 1

I've been doing a lot of research so I wanted to post my thoughts on the Red Sea program.

My thoughts.

Your thoughts say a lot about you Ty. In fact the resemble you in a very accurate manner. They're short.

I was thinking concise... to the point. shifty.gif

Manny, I wasn't aware you had the powder.

is it supposed to go further than the liquid for the same price? I've been thinking of switching over but can't find that answer.

yes it is. The powder contains the ABC products all in one. It's cheaper than BRS Kalk. I am using 9 grams per day. It will go far once parameters are in line.

Look great bud. Did you use epoxy or just superglue to build that?

I used both epoxy and super glue. However, since v-colla isn't the cheapest epoxy around, I was pretty conservative with it's use. Its mostly all super glue with epoxy only on a few spots where I thought it was super necessary.

Here's an update on the red sea program. The reef foundation doesn't seem to be doing what our it's claimed to do. They claim it will raise calcium,alkalinity,and magnesium art a radio of1:1:1. I have realized this isn't true. I am trying to maintain 460 calcium, 12.5dKH, and 1360 magnesium. Well after following the recommended dose for almost a week, parameters are 500 calcium, 12.0 dKH, and 1460 magnesium. This is obviously raising calcium and magnesium but only maintaining alkalinity. I'm going to wait for the parameters to lower themselves and only dose sodium bicarbonate for the time being. That way I can maintain alkalinity and even raise it a tad bit and lower calcium and magnesium. And yes, I am aggressively shaking the reef foundation before I use it.

Next, I finally got to my nitrate pro test kit. I like this kit. Its very easy to tell between the colors. I am currently somewhere between 0 and 0.25 ppm nitrates. On the color scale, it's definitely not at 0 but not quite at .25. So I need to find a way to raise this. And my phosphates are at 0. This also I have to raise so I can start the NOPOX. I am not running any GFO anymore. Once I get the NOPOX dialed in I will be again using reef energy. I also am not going to wait to fine tune the reef foundation either. That will be done at the same time as nitrates and phosphates.

Well I am still trying to dial in and maintain red seas recommended parameters. They seem to fluctuate a bit and I need to get the exact dosing amount down. In the meantime, here are some more pictures to compare and see if anything is actually changing. This is my strawberry shortcake acro.

post-3476-14205674251_thumb.jpg