Manny's 75G Upgrade

Manny

Decisions decisions. . . . so I made the executive decision to just go ahead and go to the frag swap in Houston and buy a couple of frags. The wife is pretty laid back anyways. I'm usually the one who feels bad after spending money, to be honest with you all. But here is the tough part, now I have another difficult decision to make. My phone has been acting up super bad lately. Like 10 seconds of lag bad. I am well overdo for an upgrade. Now I can't decide if I should go get some frags or buy the iPhone 6. What shall poor Manny do with so many decisions to make?

I really like my S5. My S3 lasted 2 years. Just sayin.....

I back dustin 100% don't drink the Apple koolaide. I have had more and more problems with my Ipad as apple upgrades their ios. Now my Safari periodically freezes and I will loose a post that I have been working on for 10 minutes. I almost got mad enough to toss the Ipad into the yard last night.

Lol get the iPhone bud. All technology has hiccups occasionally. But you know you like apple products. I don't think it's kool aid. Proof is in the pudding.

My Mac Pro tower desktop lasted 8 years before dying. I was looking into adding more ram and storage space because it was quite frankly starting to feel out dated. Never once had to have it serviced or repaired. Hell...it never even froze on me. How many PC desktops and laptops did we go through in that same time?? 7. 7 pcs ruined or needed frequent servicing from bad hard drives, viruses, failed power supplies, failed hardware left an right, and I hated the overall functionality of the operating system. Especially the newest windows.

Onto phones. My last android on/off button broke within 6 months, phone crashed constantly, blank text messages randomly sent to random people. Just junk. My wife and son both have been through TWO androids in the time I've had my iPhone 4s. They just recently updated to galaxy s5 phones. They're really feature packed and have great cameras....but yet again they will both have regular periods of 12 hours with no incoming or outgoing calls or texts, then all the sudden 40 messages come in saying "hello I've been trying to reach you". "Your phone keeps going to voicemail!" Ect.

People love to hate on popular products, but our experience is our experience. Mine has been near flawless with apple, and a nightmare with PC and android. It's worth the extra money for me

Edited by Bpb
  • Like 2

Lol get the iPhone bud. All technology has hiccups occasionally. But you know you like apple products. I don't think it's kool aid. Proof is in the pudding.

My Mac Pro tower desktop lasted 8 years before dying. I was looking into adding more ram and storage space because it was quite frankly starting to feel out dated. Never once had to have it serviced or repaired. Hell...it never even froze on me. How many PC desktops and laptops did we go through in that same time?? 7. 7 pcs ruined or needed frequent servicing from bad hard drives, viruses, failed power supplies, failed hardware left an right, and I hated the overall functionality of the operating system. Especially the newest windows.

Onto phones. My last android on/off button broke within 6 months, phone crashed constantly, blank text messages randomly sent to random people. Just junk. My wife and son both have been through TWO androids in the time I've had my iPhone 4s. They just recently updated to galaxy s5 phones. They're really feature packed and have great cameras....but yet again they will both have regular periods of 12 hours with no incoming or outgoing calls or texts, then all the sudden 40 messages come in saying "hello I've been trying to reach you". "Your phone keeps going to voicemail!" Ect.

People love to hate on popular products, but our experience is our experience. Mine has been near flawless with apple, and a nightmare with PC and android. It's worth the extra money for me

Well spoken by our dear brother jonathan.

Which one will make you happier? New frags or a new phone? I would personally get the phone. You seem like you have a need there vs just a addiction on the frags. Yes you probably want them but do you NEED them?

• Like 1

Which one will make you happier? New frags or a new phone? I would personally get the phone. You seem like you have a need there vs just a addiction on the frags. Yes you probably want them but do you NEED them?

I NEEEEED THHHHHEEEEEMMMMMM!!!!!!!
  • Like 3

Do you have Sprint? They allow a 24 month flex pay for the iPhone6. Plus they have a new unlimited everything plan which dropped my plan to $50 a month and actually saved me $5 a month after adding the iPhone6 and insurance. Not sure about other carriers

Geez I guess I'm gunna have to like all of these comments lol...im with reburn...complete opposite...the only reason I recently upgraded (thanks to sprints flex pay like bigsby is suggesting) is because I stupidity didn't have a case on my old one...I had had it (working great I might add [emoji6] ) for almost 2 years...I do like this new note 3 though[emoji41]

• Like 1

Well I just got two new pieces from vividaquariums. They are sitting in my tank now adjusting to their new home.

First here is a picture of an alien maze brain

That is a very nice sized piece for $22.

Next is my Bali Green Slimer

Its sliming all over the place since I just put it in there.

So what's next for Manny's tank? Well I plan on ordering some red sea reef energy on a black Friday order. Maybe even try the whole red sea reef care program. Any of you guys use this stuff? What are the success stories out there?

post-3476-141574440416_thumb.jpg

post-3476-141574460548_thumb.jpg

Beautiful frags. Also...double check if platygyra are compatible with acan lords. I know the brain can develop sweepers that can easily reach the far acans there

Good point on the acans. Although if you look behind the brain and to the right, that is where this brain is going as soon as I get some epoxy.

My brain used to put out 2-3" sweeper tentacles at night. Be sure to give him a little elbow room.

I am a big fan of the Red Sea Energy B complex, vitamins and aminos. I don't use any of their other stuff so I can't comment too much on their program. I do like their testing kits though.

My brain used to put out 2-3" sweeper tentacles at night. Be sure to give him a little elbow room.

I am a big fan of the Red Sea Energy B complex, vitamins and aminos. I don't use any of their other stuff so I can't comment too much on their program. I do like their testing kits though.

Thanks for the input. And I'll be sure to move the brain when I get home.

• 2 weeks later...

So there was the potential that I might have picked up so AEFW from some of the frags I recently purchased. What luck right? I do dip all of my coral but it must have not been enough. I decided to switch the the Bayer insect killer to fight these guys off. It seems to have been effective. And just for extra caution, I decided to get myself a 6 line wrasse. I had never really even looked into owning a wrasse but I am actually really liking this little one. Anyhow, check out this 3 minute video of my royal gramma giving the wrasse a nice warm welcome.