Manny's 75G Upgrade

Manny

You know I was noticing that on these pictures my tank looks very people. I'm glad you pointed this out. My tank does not look purple at all in person.

I'll echo it again. Doesn't look that purple in real life. I've taken cell phone pics of your tank before manny and they have always come out best with the whites at 100%, the blues at 0%, and then the white balance adjusted slightly blue on photo editing. Makes it look much more realistic. That's what we did to photograph the frag swap acros before I took them

What does it is the combination of neutral white, royal blue, red, and violet. Reef breeders layout specifically often has a purple look when photographed which isn't accurate. Another led maker that has a similar issue under photos is the maxspect layout, which is nearly identical to reef breeders, only with Cree diodes. Also looks super purple in pictures

Edited by Bpb

You know I was noticing that on these pictures my tank looks very people. I'm glad you pointed this out. My tank does not look purple at all in person.

I'll echo it again. Doesn't look that purple in real life. I've taken cell phone pics of your tank before manny and they have always come out best with the whites at 100%, the blues at 0%, and then the white balance adjusted slightly blue on photo editing. Makes it look much more realistic. That's what we did to photograph the frag swap acros before I took them

What does it is the combination of neutral white, royal blue, red, and violet. Reef breeders layout specifically often has a purple look when photographed which isn't accurate. Another led maker that has a similar issue under photos is the maxspect layout, which is nearly identical to reef breeders, only with Cree diodes. Also looks super purple in pictures

Next time I'll make sure to turn off my blues before snapping some shots.

So I just realized that the MARSH frag swap is coming up and I am trying to think of how I am going to convince my wife to let me go spend some money over there. I went over budget for our ARC swap so this is going to be interesting. Any ideas from you experienced and married reefers?

Well if you didn't keep separate accounts and each put money into a joint account to pay bills you can't really go backwards to that.

So your options are pretty much begging, or get ideas from watching duece bigalow. :). Since Ty is already a mentor I bet he would be your he-pimp.

• Like 1

Tank is looking good Manny!

Reburn said it best, unless you have your own designated play money account set aside already, you're hosed! I go off the barter system often and will trade corals. It seems to be more accepted from my wife to trade corals then it is to sell corals, and then use the money to buy new corals... even though it's essentially the same thing. I don't ask questions, I just roll with the system in front of me. shifty.gif

Better get your corals growing faster Manny! Don't make me he-man-fish-slap you? fish.gif

• Like 2

We have both separate accounts and a joint account but I find it hard to hide things when concerning money. Except for my lights. There is no way I would ever tell her I spent $500 on lights Lol. And Ty, you might hurt your tiny hands slapping me. You're better off getting a big guy to do it. Maybe like Reburn. Reburn, you feeling up to the task?

• Like 3

We have both separate accounts and a joint account but I find it hard to hide things when concerning money. Except for my lights. There is no way I would ever tell her I spent $500 on lights Lol. And Ty, you might hurt your tiny hands slapping me. You're better off getting a big guy to do it. Maybe like Reburn. Reburn, you feeling up to the task?

Don't worry about the small hands, it's the giant fish the hands are holding you should be concerned about Manny! Tuna slap!

• Like 4

Man, I thought I was the only one that used those same tactics. I've filled up many bags of water when I left the house to look like I am making a trade so that I don't have to deal with the questions. Has made my life much easier and allowed me to buy a substantial amount more than I would have normally. Especially since I'm not getting the "you bought fish stuff, so why can't I have this" nearly as often. Trades for some reason don't bother her at all but she hates it when I sell a lot of frags and immediately place a new order for corals with that money. Now I just schedule delivery on the days that I know she will be busy and since my new frags now go in my sump she never even sees them acclimating or knows they weren't from my original pieces.

Plus I say "it was only like $5-$10 I think" when asked about anything. Frag, supplement, fish, colony. It doesn't matter. "The guy just wanted to get rid of it"

?

Don't worry about the small hands, it's the giant fish the hands are holding you should be concerned about Manny! Tuna slap!

I just pictured this in my head many different ways and with many different fish. Each and every single time I get slapped results in me throwing up because of how disgusted I am to get my face touched with something so slimy and so germy. Ewwww. . . . O no! I'll be right back. I have to go vomit.

Man, I thought I was the only one that used those same tactics. I've filled up many bags of water when I left the house to look like I am making a trade so that I don't have to deal with the questions. Has made my life much easier and allowed me to buy a substantial amount more than I would have normally. Especially since I'm not getting the "you bought fish stuff, so why can't I have this" nearly as often. Trades for some reason don't bother her at all but she hates it when I sell a lot of frags and immediately place a new order for corals with that money. Now I just schedule delivery on the days that I know she will be busy and since my new frags now go in my sump she never even sees them acclimating or knows they weren't from my original pieces.

Plus I say "it was only like $5-$10 I think" when asked about anything. Frag, supplement, fish, colony. It doesn't matter. "The guy just wanted to get rid of it"

Usually when I need to buy something expensive for the tank, (except for the lights. She still doesn't know how I got those) I usually will go and buy her a new MK purse and that will cause her to look away and not even care about my purchase.

+1 on Bpb

Just cash back $10 a time out when you go to the grocery store and tell her you traded for it. Ship any orders to bpb' house.

Lol I actually opt for the ole "hold at recieving location for customer pickup" option as a ups my choice member. That's a good plan manny I should do that too. Actually buy my wife stuff instead of hoping she won't notice my spending ha ha

• Like 1

Dustin,

I've got you beat already. I've already got mine trained to call me when the shipment comes in, unpack, check for dead coral, check for leaks in the bags, turn off the ato and float the bag. And then when I get home she asks do I even want to know and I tell her nope and she leaves it alone, after she rolls her eyes of course. :D

• Like 2

Dustin,

I've got you beat already. I've already got mine trained to call me when the shipment comes in, unpack, check for dead coral, check for leaks in the bags, turn off the ato and float the bag. And then when I get home she asks do I even want to know and I tell her nope and she leaves it alone, after she rolls her eyes of course. :D

Likely story, while I'm sure the first part is true, the last part.....not so much [emoji5]
  • Like 1

I'm sending all this to yall significant others...shame...[emoji6]

You do that and I will throw an eel at your feet again and make you do the Mexican Hat Dance but this time I will be sure to get it on video.
  • Like 2