Manny's 75G Upgrade

Manny

You gotta love them nagging wives. My wife won't stop bothering me about how I should buy Dustin 220gallon tank. Gosh just leave me alone already will ya? Don't you guys just hate this problem?[emoji15]

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No kidding manny what the heck is the hold up? I'm not getting it. Even in real life talking about this with you, you didn't give a sound reason NOT to upgrade. Just "that's a big upgrade".

Rule of thumb in life. Not just reefing. If there's something you want, and your wife not only gives you the blessing, but insists you act...do it without question

Meh I'm not sure if I'm ready for another transition to a bigger tank. I'm afraid to lose my coral in the move and most of all, I have lifted that tank twice when empty. Not a fun activity. Then I would have to wait to find a buyer for my tank and seeing how people love reefing in College Station, it would probably be a good while before it sold.

I almost bought Dustins tank. The only thing that stopped me was the depth. That thing is a monster. Even with my pteradactyl like wingspan touching the sand bed was out of the question. I prefer shallower systems myself. At the end of the day.....JOIN THE BIG TANK CLUB.

I can't imagine selling a reef tank is hard in a college town just price it's as a cool see through cooler and throw in some pabst blue ribbon and it'll sell.

• 3 weeks later...

Good news is that I actually did have the strawberry shortcake acro I was confused about the identity of the acro and thought it was a rainbow nasuta. So I don't have the rainbow nasuta and still think what is supposed to be it is some kind of pocillopora. Bad news is that my urchin decided to hide my strawberry shortcake under a rock for about a week. I pulled it out and it had some damage but didn't look so bad. I might have light shocked it. I put it on my SB and within the day it totally RTN'ed and died.

• 2 weeks later...

Wife still wants it but I'm still holding back. I go to grad school next fall and,that means another move. After 4 years of grad school I am back on active duty so that means 2 more moves in 4 years. Finally after I fulfill my obligation, I will have a custom tank built in my house.

How are those polyps doing in your tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're doing well. I won't be home before my lights are out tonight but I'll snap a picture tomorrow. They look more pink in you tank though.

Archived