Manny's 75G Upgrade

Manny

post-3476-140613792648_thumb.jpg. Birds of paradise I picked up from Jonathan. post-3476-140613800529_thumb.jpg. Duncan is growing like crazy. post-3476-140613803178_thumb.jpg. And the meteor shower is already starting to grow. Its hard to see but the entire plug is covered with new polyps that are still transparent.

I also did get a powder brown tang back in April and I am glad to say that it is doing very well. It has a super nice color and eats anything I feed.

Just thought I would share some pictures with you guys. Or as Dusting would say, y'all.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man that acan sure is yellow! [emoji4]

And I'm Texan born and raised...of course y'all is the correct term

Yep its a gorgeous yellow acan isn't it? Lol. People are probably thinking we are color blind. So when is your move going down Dustin? And are you going to have people "coralsit" for you?

Don't you just hate it that you end up fragging your birdsnests simply by looking at them? On the bright side, a month now I will have two birds of paradise frags for sale Lol. It makes me feel like I'm a Jedi performing a mind trick. . . . [emoji15]

Thank you sir! You made my morning with that video... so calming and the musical selection was top-notch. I think your watchman goby claimed the birdsnest frags and I dig acancatraz on the right side of the tank. Kudos sir!

Sent via Tapatalk

Thank you sir! You made my morning with that video... so calming and the musical selection was top-notch. I think your watchman goby claimed the birdsnest frags and I dig acancatraz on the right side of the tank. Kudos sir!

Sent via Tapatalk

Thanks Ty for the kind words. I'm just letting everything settle for now. I did shut off my GFO for a week and skimmer for about 3 weeks. That's seems to be helping immensely. So I am led to believe that I was probably being too aggressive with my GFO and too conservative with my feedings. But again, things are looking much better.

It's always nice to be rewarded with great results from careful observation of one's tank. I'm glad you are learning to understand the specific language of your own tank and reading what it's trying to tell you.

Sent via Tapatalk

O and the birds nest in front of the goby, that was a pinks birds nest that I lost a month ago. He seems to really like the skeleton and has made a barricade to his cave. I like his decorative style. The screen birds nest on top of the shelf is growing nicely and again, is a native of your tank.

Sorry the video is laggy/shaky. The video editing app I use does that to videos.

It's always nice to be rewarded with great results from careful observation of one's tank. I'm glad you are learning to understand the specific language of your own tank and reading what it's trying to tell you.

Sent via Tapatalk

It helps to be working on my second biology degree :) a little. But the best thing one can do for their tank is have an open mind. I listen to what everyone tells me and then I filter out what seems to be bad advice via experience and research. The key word being research. The internet is a powerful tool if you decide to use it. Then another strong and very important factor is having an experienced hobbyist guiding you. But you have to be willing to listen. I have gotten a countless amount of solid advice from BPB. Sometimes when I have a doubt about my science I get a second opinion from him. It helps to have someone like that locally who understands concepts. Sometimes you don't see minor mistakes that you are making and need a second set of eyes to point it out, such a mistakes with cleaning your test kits. All in all, I am growing as a reefer. I'm no pulsing Xenia but I think its fair to call me a Montipora digitata. Not super fast growth nonetheless you know its growing. Thank God I'm not non-photosynthetic and I can grow from just sitting in front of my tank for a couple of hours a day.

I think that's where the mentor program El Jefe is starting on the club will come in handy. There were plenty of guiding hands when I first started... I was drowning in so much research and articles that just seeing someone's applications of those concepts and their own personal stories of trial and error helped clear up what was good/bad advice I found on the internet.

If your digitata, then I'm your regular aiptasia. Pesky, relentless, and like on this club, everybody is stuck with me and can't get rid of me. doh.gif

Archived