Manny's 75G Upgrade

Manny

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so i have changed my light schedule for the time being and taken my GFO offline. I had zero traceable phosphates using a Hana Checker and have absolutely no visible algae in my aquarium. I think maybe my GFO usage might be a little too aggressive. Also, until my tank matures some more and has more stability, I will be running my lights similar to how we run T5's and MH. A few months down the road I will change back to a ramping up and down schedule but for now, I will have a sunrise and sunset with 9 hours of consistent light intensity in between.

Taking the GFO offline has certainly helped out the LPS and the results are already visible. Their tissues are extremely puffy. The sps are certainly starting to extend more polyps as well but could use some more coloring up.

I didn't realize how soon my move will be here. I am moving on the 18th of this month. I sure am nowhere near excited about this. But I am glad things are looking better.

• 2 weeks later...

So we had a fairly successful tank move. I managed to drain all the water, remove fish and coral, bring them to the new house, fill the tank, and put all fish and coral back in within two hours. It was tough but we got it done. About 80% of the sps broke in half if not 3 pieces so I have several new frags. I had it running with only a power head overnight and set the rest of the equipment up today. I haven't got to the aquascape yet just about to finish a water change and then re scape the whole thing. He is a picture of the utter chaos as it stands right now.post-3476-140590360456_thumb.jpg

So everything else is connected and we are back in business. I did a complete remodel on the aquascape. I knew I would never get it back to how I had it before so I just went with a new scape. As of today, I do like it. Let's wait and see how I like it a week from now. Its not so fancy this time around but I did give myself more room to place some frags. With that being said, I do think I need to order a frag pack sometime soon. I might head out to Austin with a couple hundred bucks to spend on coral. I need to go back and check out Nikos. I have been tempted to check out Farmer Ty's garden, if it is still open for the season.

Hey Manny,

Glad everything made the trip just fine and you got a new aquascape to boot!

Be happy to have you come by for your frag-a-thon. I'd hit up RichardL, XanReefer, Phamily, and Woods for some great zoas/acans/montis. Sam, Juiceman, Don Duncan, and ol' Aggie for SPS. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch more peeps but that's a good start.

I guess everyone ditched Bpb in College Station... who's he gonna play with now? wave.gif Might as well just move to Austin. dribble.gif

Hey Manny,

Glad everything made the trip just fine and you got a new aquascape to boot!

Be happy to have you come by for your frag-a-thon. I'd hit up RichardL, XanReefer, Phamily, and Woods for some great zoas/acans/montis. Sam, Juiceman, Don Duncan, and ol' Aggie for SPS. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch more peeps but that's a good start.

I guess everyone ditched Bpb in College Station... who's he gonna play with now? wave.gif Might as well just move to Austin. dribble.gif

Well thanks for the offer/advice. As far as BPB goes, he's my main supplier! But with his new upgrade I'm sure he feels the need to fill the empty real estate with new frags as well. A few months ago I purchased a frag pack from him. I lost 2 of those guys so I will need to replace them sometime. He does however have a piece that I want. I'm going to have to bother him for a frag of his lime in the sky acro. I'll let you guys know when I'm heading out there. Might be a month or two before I do.

Lol yep everyone hates me. I actually have met 3-4 newbies that are diving into the hobby head first, trying to coach and guide, but it's not going well. Top it off none of them like to use the internet as a research tool and instead choose to go to petco for advice first, then me second when a disaster happens. Manny is misleading though, as he only moved a few miles down the road.

Lol yep everyone hates me. I actually have met 3-4 newbies that are diving into the hobby head first, trying to coach and guide, but it's not going well. Top it off none of them like to use the internet as a research tool and instead choose to go to petco for advice first, then me second when a disaster happens. Manny is misleading though, as he only moved a few miles down the road.

A few miles?!? Woa woe woah young Jedi warrior!!!!? Its one mile to be exact!

Yep only a mile. No Houston. Not yet at least. Landlord got a divorce and wanted the house back so. . .she can go to hell. . . and Jonathan is referring to Dustin and not me:)

Hey...I don't think I've ever searched out petco advice much less had a disaster on my hands...unless you count overflowing the 125 that one time with rodi that one time and didn't have any salt to replace the 40g all over the floor

See Jonathan stop talking smack about Dustin.

And Ty it would be so awesome to get my hand on some Ol'Aggie frags. Those things look spectacular!

I'll see if I can distract him and sneak some corals in my pocket! I'll give you 50% of the loot!

And Ty it would be so awesome to get my hand on some Ol'Aggie frags. Those things look spectacular!

I'll see if I can distract him and sneak some corals in my pocket! I'll give you 50% of the loot!
Deal!

Archived