Manny's 75G Upgrade

Manny

venu4u5e.jpg

Canopy is off and lights are getting removed.

qy9yhabe.jpg

Ok lights are off. Now to find a way to mount the LEDs.

emymy8y4.jpg

And here we have the old ballasts, reflectors, and end caps. Guess they are for sale now.

More to come.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Wow its been a while since I last updated. Things are doing well. I had previously stated it was stocking time. I feel pretty much stocked now so I think its safe to say its growing time. LEDs are looking very nice. I had to remove my flame angel due to it nipping at coral. Funny thing about this is that I purchased a flame angel that was confirmed to not eat coral. They hobbyist I purchased it from kept it in a reef tank. We put it in my tank and he slowly started nipping at coral (from his previous tank) and just kept getting bolder. I removed the flame hawkfish as well. Really sad to remove this guy. It is such an awesome fish with a ton of personality. He wasn't attacking anything but lived on my sps frags. We know this is natural but my frags are too small and were not being allowed to release their polyps. Frags are no longer bleached but the Cali tort did end up dying from STN. All the other frags are still alive.

On a different note, I will be moving next month so I have the pain of having to move my tank to a different location. I am not excited about it but its only a 2 minute drive from where I am at. Moving the tank will be my first priority and I should be able to set it up fairly quickly. That's all for now.

And again having trouble with this ATO unit. Well not so much with the unit but the airline tubing. It is so weak and flimsy and j keep getting kinks in the tubing. Of course my ATO shuts off after 7 minutes and won't turn back on until I manually flip a switch. This is very annoying. Even with having the tubing routed in a way to try and avoid kinks, it still manages to slip and kink. Do any of you guys use anything other than airline tubing for your ATO's? Seems like this should be a simple fix. I might try some of the tubing from my RODI unit.

I might head out to Lowes and try to find something similar to what we have on our RODI units.

I have also been paying close attention to the color blending I am getting from my LEDs. Can't say that I am too happy with it so I think I will remove the optics on them and try to get better color blending. For instance, I have 3 red LEDs on the unit. They are all on 3 different channels and sit approximately 10 inches apart. They have a 90 degree optic on them. I can see red directly and very prominent on some pieces of rock but only to a confined space. I hope to incorporate that red better with the rest of the colors by removing the optics. Maybe, sometime in the distant future, I will even switch out some of the whites for a cooler white.

I am glad to see my flame angel go. It was confirmed to not eat coral when I got it and it lived in a reef tank. However, with the addition of new sps frags in my tank, he got a taste for coral and started constantly picking at them. So needless to say, the angel is gone. I hope it went to a good home. Now I look forward to better polyp extension on my frags.

• Like 1