1700 Gallon Tank

victoly

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder why he stopped updating? Hope he completed it

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

He just started this build and actually updated it this morning.

Looks like he'll be checking out ARC shortly so let's pencil him in Mike.

My neighbor works with this guys architect and said the tank will weigh 21,000 lbs when complete. She also said they needed the crane to lift a 16' TV into the house before the roof was completed. I am sure just the crane rental alone cost more than my complete system. Must be nice.

I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a 16' tv yet

My neighbor works with this guys architect and said the tank will weigh 21,000 lbs when complete. She also said they needed the crane to lift a 16' TV into the house before the roof was completed. I am sure just the crane rental alone cost more than my complete system. Must be nice.

Yeah.. anything that size would be a screen with a projector, not a full-functioning, single TV unit.

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2263423/Porsche-unveils-worlds-largest-TV-boasts-201inch-screen-costs-414k.html

C Seed 201

Designed by Porsche

and cost the same as 4 Porche 911's

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2263423/Porsche-unveils-worlds-largest-TV-boasts-201inch-screen-costs-414k.html

C Seed 201

Designed by Porsche

and cost the same as 4 Porche 911's

Well then there we go! It has to be kept outside ;)

Maybe it was a spinal tap moment..."I said 16 inch tv, not 16 feet!"

Geez, I changed my original reply. I didn't realize we had to analyze every single post.

only when you bring very valuable information to us like you did :)

Giant ffish tank thread has our attention. Then you drop a 16' technology bundle of love on us, we are a bit nerdy here.

Maybe it was a spinal tap moment..."I said 16 inch tv, not 16 feet!"

Geez, I changed my original reply. I didn't realize we had to analyze every single post.

No offense intended, I was joking that the guy that owns the house asked for a 16" and got a 16'

It's all about the tick marks...again, a spinal tap joke, that's all

Jerry Jones might have a TV that big, but he doesn't have a 1700g fish tank. I'd rather watch the game there.... I paid 150$ a ticket for the 1st row on the top deck on the 50 yard line to watch Brad Johnson and the Boys get beat by Jacksonville. Haven't went back since..

Hey Everyone, Just stopping in to say hi. I'm the guy with the tank. I will have to limit most of my posting to RC just due to limited time, but will pop in here occasionally to see what's up and to post Austin specific stuff.

I will definitely be having an open house when it is done, and maybe a project day or two while it is in progress if there is interest. My current best guess on schedule is that we are about 6 months from having water in the display

BTW, the screen is only 12' wide and yes, there is a projector involved. It is going to be rather like a TV, though, since the screen is glass and rear projection.

Cheers,

Paul

Welcome, and since I could not say in the RC thread...wow, nice tank. And while it is only 12 foot, the muppets will still be bigger than life-sized on the TV. Except maybe big bird.

Archived