Announcing the October ARC Meeting and Frag Swap

mFrame

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two weeks to go, it's going to be a great meeting and swap! Don't forget that we'll be having a special guest speaker as well as many items (Cerameco pieces, an LED fixture, and more) available to bid by silent auction.

If you intend to sell frags or other items please make sure that your Premium Membership is current.

Just met a couple Austin Reef Club members last weekend at MACNA in Dallas and joined this weekend. New to salt water aquariums and everything that goes with it. Mason Petmecky set-up our tank and maintains it, while we're learning. We're excited about being new members and look forward to meeting everyone on October 20th!

Just met a couple Austin Reef Club members last weekend at MACNA in Dallas and joined this weekend. New to salt water aquariums and everything that goes with it. Mason Petmecky set-up our tank and maintains it, while we're learning. We're excited about being new members and look forward to meeting everyone on October 20th!

great to have another oakhiller in the mix. I'm in the scenic brook area.

post-766-134989936697_thumb.jpg

These two wild rocks are being cleaned by the experts, Blue Leg Brigade. The mature Red Tree Sponge between these two gorgeous rocks is the same as on the rock to be auctioned at frag swap.

post-766-134989960824_thumb.jpg

Rock on left weighs almost five pounds, it is the one rock that will be auctioned. My base price for all rock will be $10 per lb. Plus value added for diversity.

The rock on the right will become part of my seed bank for desirable display tank macros.

post-766-134989999331_thumb.jpg

The large rock in the back would be a likely candidate for the second silent auction. I call it Red Grapes.

Patrick

Who else is bringing corals to trade? I'm personally looking for dendros (orange ones and black sun ones), duncans, and zoa frags (3-5 polyps each).

We'll have plenty of FREE frags of Devils Hand Leather and whatever else we can round up from our sponsors, as well as silent auctions of Cerameco pieces and an LED fixture.

*** Due to a work related issue our guest speaker Alyssa will not be able to make it. We will reschedule her for a later meeting and are looking for a replacement for the frag swap ***

I will have some more duncans, regular and australian. I may only have 1 or 2 heads of the australian and the regular I have a 5 head frag, and a couple 2 and 1 head frags.

I also have an unknown mushroom that I'll bring with me.

20+ headed Mother Colony

post-1271-0-66178700-1349967189.jpg

I am looking for Blue or Orange Digitata, LPS (Trumpets, Blastos, Candy Cane) and anything that catches my eye.

I've tried going the acro and zoa route but they just don't work in my tank.

I do broadcast feed my tank.

When I built my tank I positioned the flow sections to have loop currents over the LPS corals. This way I broadcast feed my tank but the currents take over and put the food at each coral that needs it, while it circles past the corals constantly the fish get to eat what they want. Perhaps this is why mine is growing good.

It gets mysis from the water column during feeding days and I dose kent zooplex every 3 days. Some of the frags I have given people have double in size in bio cubes (KimP, Chippwalters) due to low water movement and feedings. With my tank being as deep as it is I need the water movement so when my pumps turn off at night is when they look the biggest.

I don't have anything scheduled for that date, maybe I can finally make it to a meeting! I have tons of polyp frags, some orange people eater frags, toadstool frags, purple leather frags, Palau nepthia frags, maybe finger leather frags, not sure what else. I can bring some drinks or something else too, whoever knows what other people are bringing lmk so I don't bring the same things

post-766-135002033554_thumb.jpg

Three starts of Gracilaria Hayi. This is part of new product line, Bare Bottom Rock to provide economical solutions with diversity. This start will sell at $5 each. Attractive starts of Feather Caulerpa will be $2 each. I have four different high end red macro that will be $25 each, if I can get production numbers up. Two out of four identified as Red Grapes and Red Feather Kelp.

post-766-135002087658_thumb.jpg

Not identified. Red macro slated for production R & D.

are yall doing supplementary feedings on your duncans? Mines still just a single head :/

I regularly spot fed mine (got from Brian at last frag meet) and they each had grown multiple heads before the disaster. The purple was just ridiculously beautiful...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived