Announcing the March ARC Meeting

dapettit

Here's the 60 watt cannon pdf. I'll be assembling a 29 watt at the meeting which will be raffled off.

(To the six people who downloaded the drawing I forgot to put the filter cap. I updated the drawing, it needs to be connected between the 24 vdc and ground or negative side.)

ARC LED Cannon 60 watt.pdf

hmmm... The depth of my tank is 24".. I'd need significantly more light than that..

My Solana is 20x20x20. My current MH is hung about 6 higher than the top of the tank, so that is the level we took all readings at for both the current light and the LED cannon. Readings jump drastically just by lowering it two inches, I just hadn't done so because the halide is running so hot.

My Solana is 20x20x20. My current MH is hung about 6 higher than the top of the tank, so that is the level we took all readings at for both the current light and the LED cannon. Readings jump drastically just by lowering it two inches, I just hadn't done so because the halide is running so hot.

Gotcha... I have a hood on my tank and about 12" to play with above the tank. Is someone bringing a PAR meter to the meeting?

. . . Is someone bringing a PAR meter to the meeting?

Yes, I contacted Troypt but he doesn't think he can make it but I'll have an older model Apogee PAR meter with me.

The lenses on the cannon in the picture are 25 degrees. There are also 16 degree lenses which narrows the light field but also intensfies the light.