Announcing the March ARC Meeting

dapettit

Jake Doza, aka-jakedoza, has volunteered to host the March Meeting, at his home in Northeast.

The details:

It's DIY (do it yourself) time! Tim Hanson, aka - Timfish will be doing two DIY LED cannon builds at the upcoming meeting: using parts from Rapid LED and one using parts from LEDsupply. One of our other Premium members, Michael Smith - aka Michae52, has challenged him to an LED light-off, and we're twisting Patrick's arm to bring his PAR meter to show off just what LEDs can do.

And as an added bonus, Jake is crafting a (DIY) homebrewed straight up Hefeweisen. Hefeweisen is German for yeast and is an unfiltered wheat beer. Jake's homebrewed beers are delicous! Check out his DIY blog: DIY Beverages...

There will door prizes galore. Also, an assortment of ARC mechandise will be available as well.

Premium Membership cards will be avaiable at the meeting too. Please see Robin for your card.

If you would like to bring food or drinks please send a pm to me dapettit or RockinRobin

** Update ***

We will be raffling off the RapidLED LED cannon that Tim is building at the meeting. This is your opportunity to win a working LED fixture at a fraction of the cost of the parts (and the labor part will be already done!) More details on that build at http://www.austinree...meeting-teaser/. Parts included are:

LPC-60-1050 (1),

LPC-35-700 (1),

XP-G Cool white w/ 40 deg lens (4),

XP-E Blue w/ 40 deg lens (4),

XP-E RB w/ 40 deg lens (4),

Arctic Alumina (2),

Thermal Grease (1)

Tickets will be $5 each (Premium Membership required to purchase) and the winner will be able to take the fixture home with them at the end of the meeting.

• Like 1

I will attend this time too. Will be good to put some faces with the names, and it sounds like a good learning experience. I'll be into bringing some sort of food item too.

Man, wish I could make it... Please post lots of pics of the DIY LED cannon!!

The plan as of now is to record the session and to have the video available shortly thereafter. Rapid LED will be setting up a kit consisting of all the parts used in the build so that interested members can buy the same thing and build it themselves.

While the video will be great, you should attend if at all possible so that you can watch and ask questions first hand. And, attendees will have the chance to win a variety of door prizes from Rapid and our other sponsors!

Thanks to Tim (Timfish), Jake (jakedoza), Dave and Robin (meeting coordinators), and Mike with Rapid LED for making this meeting possible!

Yep I like cold beer. And I've been thinking about switching from the t5 lighting to led so this would be a great experience for me. Can I just show up?

With a name like Joe kool, you can do whatever the heck you want!!!

Yep I like cold beer. And I've been thinking about switching from the t5 lighting to led so this would be a great experience for me. Can I just show up?

Yep just show!

Was looking forward to making my first meeting but I've got to work (stupid SXSW) thumbsdown.gif +1 to posting pictures or videos of the LED build!!! I'm about to try and assemble a kit from rapidled.com spiteful.gif

Be sure to check out the April Meeting and Frag Swap thread, Dave will be updating it with news of TWO RapidLED retrofit LED kits that are being offered as raffle items. You might win one rather than having to buy it!

Was looking forward to making my first meeting but I've got to work (stupid SXSW) thumbsdown.gif +1 to posting pictures or videos of the LED build!!! I'm about to try and assemble a kit from rapidled.com spiteful.gif

Be sure to check out the April Meeting and Frag Swap thread, Dave will be updating it with news of TWO RapidLED retrofit LED kits that are being offered as raffle items. You might win one rather than having to buy it!

AH MAN YOU GAVE IT AWAY!! !grin.png

Looks like April is turning into another AWESOME meet! Stay tuned. . .