Rimless 140g

olaggie01

• 3 weeks later...

Interested to see how these yellow ones grow out. I seem to have a hard time keeping anything yellow from turning green. I really like the 3rd to last one.

I agree on both counts. Adam from battlecorals had a hard time getting rid of that one along with the 2nd one in the first post. He actually took a frag so don't be surprised if it shows up on his website. I hope that it says the same color.

And now back to reality. Here are some of my acros that are recovering. I have finally got the alk below 8 so things are starting to heal and grow. I suppose with the new additions, I'll have to start dosing again.

1 JUL 2013 - purple acro

P7011023_zpsd0aec400.jpg

17 JUL 2013 - purple acro

P7171061_zpsf2c45422.jpg

1 JUL 2013 - Tricolor

P7011020_zpsb8fea096.jpg

17 JUL 2013 - Tricolor

P7171075_zps2035c28c.jpg

1 JUL 2013 - Purple digi

P7011021_zpsf58cb522.jpg

17 JUL 2013 - Purple digi

P7171074_zps2b6b4bea.jpg

Wow great looking shipment of corals, be very interested to see these guys grown out! Those first two corals from battle are awesome!

Thanks Rob. How is your tank? You are welcome to a frag of each once things stabilize.

• Like 1

Interested to see how these yellow ones grow out. I seem to have a hard time keeping anything yellow from turning green. I really like the 3rd to last one.

could it be too much light in your system? more light -> more chloraphil -> more green?

could it be too much light in your system? more light -> more chloraphil -> more green?

Possibly but I typically bleach everything under too much light. I'm leaning towards too much PO4 or something nutrient related.

Wow great looking shipment of corals, be very interested to see these guys grown out! Those first two corals from battle are awesome!

Thanks Rob. How is your tank? You are welcome to a frag of each once things stabilize.

That would be great! All of the new corals are looking great. looks like you have your alk where you want it now. have you been pretty happy with the zeo system?

Tank is doing pretty well, looking at a possible upgrade to a bigger tank here in the near future I hope....

@jestep and @olaggie - thanks for the info. so, i can buy something yellow and not have to do PO4 testing smile.png.

While I know you are joking, testing for PO4 can provide you with valuable information, plus it is an easy and accurate test with the Hanna ppb checker

That would be great! All of the new corals are looking great. looks like you have your alk where you want it now. have you been pretty happy with the zeo system?

Tank is doing pretty well, looking at a possible upgrade to a bigger tank here in the near future I hope....

Excellent, upgrades are always fun.

I'm very happy with zeo. It does take some extra work, but in reality it is simpler. I no longer run GFO, a fuge, or LaCl. Carbon is in a bag and kneeded when I'm around. Stones are pumped when I'm in town until I get the auto tumbler set up. It is maintaining my PO4 at .003, which is great, but a little low. I'd like to be up closer to .020-.025 to get a little more color out of the frags. Plus it gives me a little more room for error than a true ULNS. Just means I need to feed my already fat fish more. :) Someone will be happy.

@jestep and @olaggie - thanks for the info. so, i can buy something yellow and not have to do PO4 testing smile.png.

While I know you are joking, testing for PO4 can provide you with valuable information, plus it is an easy and accurate test with the Hanna ppb checker

eh, partially joking. i'm not sure i'm going to get anything fancy enough to worry that much about PO4, at least for a while. i occasionally check it with my API kit, but no PO4 has shown up yet. not that it would detect 0.003.

it's still a young system, so i'm mostly watching nitrates. also calcium and hardness since i'm starting to get some LPS.

• 9 months later...

Figured I would bump (and include a few pictures) as this tank will be coming down in the upcoming months. And no, don't worry, I'm not getting out of the hobby, or worse, downgrading. I'm going big. 360 gallons of SPS bliss. I bought a local used tank (barely) that measures 72" x 42" x 30" (running depth is 27"). Hoping to get it into the house by the middle of May. Just need to figure out the logistics.

And now onto the pictures.

P4291907_zps555b2193.jpg

P4291913_zps0f358246.jpg

P4291919_zps575af184.jpg

Ty's Red Milli

P4291925_zpsff26567c.jpg

P4291866_zps5dd70a43.jpg

P4291874_zps046eeabf.jpg

Little do you know I got a 361 gallon tank on order! Mine's bigger! poke.gif

Pictures look great, I almost want to buy a frag of that red mille! Looking forward to the new tank build bud but not really looking forward to helping move that 360 gallon tank. doh.gif

Where's the video?

Little do you know I got a 361 gallon tank on order! Mine's bigger! poke.gif

Pictures look great, I almost want to buy a frag of that red mille! Looking forward to the new tank build bud but not really looking forward to helping move that 360 gallon tank. doh.gif

Where's the video?

Which red milli?

Yeah, I know, a video would be nice. Let me see what I can do.