Rimless 140g

olaggie01

Looking good...I'm jealous.snack.gif

Cheers,

Looks great! Cant wait until I can have a fish closet like that! Sorry that you lost the fish..

Thanks Ron and Josh. I'm really excited about finishing the closet as well, unfortunately, I realized that the longest sump that I can use if I keep my current pump (snapper) is about 36". Anyone know of an internal return pump that will push 1000 gph with about 20' of head?

Cheers,

Looks great! Cant wait until I can have a fish closet like that! Sorry that you lost the fish..

Thanks Ron and Josh. I'm really excited about finishing the closet as well, unfortunately, I realized that the longest sump that I can use if I keep my current pump (snapper) is about 36". Anyone know of an internal return pump that will push 1000 gph with about 20' of head?

This probably would do it. http://www.lagunaponds.com/lagunaeng/skimmerfilterpumps/skimfilter2950.php?link=1422

Cheers,

Cheers,

This probably would do it. http://www.lagunapon...0.php?link=1422

Cheers,

Thanks Ron. I may need to look into one of those.

Tested my water today. Looks like it is time for a water change but since I'm re-doing my fish closet, I don't have any water on tap. Might need to add some LaCl to get the PO4 down a bit. Must have snuck up on me the last few days with all the feedings for the new fish.

Alk - 7.392 dkh (a touch low, I'll bump up the doser)

Ca - 460 ppm

Mg - 1350

PO4 - .09

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question. Anyone got any ideas?

I have a very similar water change setup to you, with the FW on top and the SW in the middle.

8ac40c7f.jpg

The problem is that in order to get the SW into the container, I need to utilize some sort of hose. Right now I have been using this:

cabb05e2.jpg

Left pipe that runs into the container.

28ca79f8.jpg

But it doesn't drain well and dry salt won't work very well, which means that I need to add water to the salt and that makes a mess.

Got any ideas?

Possibly get a drip ring for hydroponics and mount it around the top of your funnel, have it be a part of the circulation so water is always running down it like water slide, add your salt and let it get swept down.

Otherwise you might consider making very strong salt water concentrations and just adding it down that way?

Thanks Chris. I've tried the high saltwater concentration idea and it didn't really work.

The ring may be a good idea. I'll have to think of something like that. Wish I had the space for a 200g container, then I could just dump an entire bucket into the container.

Thanks Chris. I've tried the high saltwater concentration idea and it didn't really work.

The ring may be a good idea. I'll have to think of something like that. Wish I had the space for a 200g container, then I could just dump an entire bucket into the container.

You could alway's expand the closet.punk.gif

Good question. I thought about the answer and I don't really have one. I looked at some other builds and that is how they had it. This allows me to gravity feed the bottom container along with my ATO. Plus, once the frag tank is setup, I won't be able to access the top container that easily.

It would be really cool if you got an pressurized air storage tank, rig it up so its like a potato launcher. It could be neat, load it into a tube, seal it off and hit the button..... BAM salt is shot into the tank at 40+ MPH...... why? well why not, we need the salt in the water some how.

It would be really cool if you got an pressurized air storage tank, rig it up so its like a potato launcher. It could be neat, load it into a tube, seal it off and hit the button..... BAM salt is shot into the tank at 40+ MPH...... why? well why not, we need the salt in the water some how.

Why not is right. This hobby needs more things at 40+ MPH.

Got some updates from my last update.

I installed the new sump a few weeks ago, and finished up the plumbing from the closet back to the DT. I ended up putting 3-1" lines through the wall. I would liked to run a 1.5" return but the new laguna 2900 pump I bought doesn't need it, so why add it. I moved the fuge and sump last week and brought the fuge back online. I bought an DIY LED fixture for the frag tank, which I hope to get up and running next week. I ran 4 cat5 lines from the DT to the closet so that I could use my profilux to continue to control the lights and tunze that are in the tank. I need to hook up my profilux moonlights but I need to find a 6P6C splitter. I might stop off at the computer store on my way home tomorrow and get one. Least of my worries, but at least I could finish that part of the build side.

Here are some pictures. Frags/colonies are doing good. Lost one the other day. Not sure what happened. Just never acclimated to the tank I guess.

Old fuge:

8e33e96a.jpg

544d8858.jpg

New fuge/frag tank and sump:

931db38c.jpg

Close up:

013aba26.jpg

I have a manifold off the return that feeds the BP, GFO/Carbon reactors and the fuge/frag tank.