Rimless 140g

olaggie01

Got a big SPS shipment this morning. Ordered 15 colonies from Battlecorals.com and apparently Adam forgot how to count, since I ended up with over 20.

All have been dipped and are sitting on the bottom of the tank waiting for me to re-aquascape to figure out where I"m going to put 20 colonies.

Hopefully I'll figure out something before my wife notices the new additions.

9bce3fd4.jpg

6f559ab9.jpg

d684c41d.jpg

64eb5976.jpg

b02d1a4e.jpg

93de716a.jpg

a916f7e2.jpg

cf7f89be.jpg

4681acc4.jpg

Recycling guy is going to love me next week.

Adam quadruple bagged everything, so this is around 80 bags

cf99025e.jpg

I am also acclimating 3 blue/green chromis and 2 cleaner shrimps. Been a busy day of FED-EX pickups and acclimations.

• Like 1

Perhaps it is a tort of some sort, but I'm no expert either. Maybe try RC or R2R as they have coral ID pages.

I may end up having to sell a few of these if they don't fit, but then again, maybe I'll set up a frag tank instead. :)

Did you just buy them by the inch? Those colonies are huge!

Thankfully no. He had a bunch of colonies in his "colonies" tank that he was looking to unload. I have been bothering a bunch of sponsors/LFS about buying a box of colonies and he was the first to reply with a good quote, pictures and a timeline.

Oh ok, that makes alot more sense. That's great! Im wanting to improve my water quality and then go mainly SPS, so i am following along!

Good luck. SPS are a lot of work but a lot of reward as well. Stability is the key.

Very nice colonys man, Im jealous for sure!

Thanks Derrick. How is your tank doing?

Still cycling at the moment snack.gif

Should be putting some corals in it pretty soon though

Awesome. Glad to hear things are turning around.

Looks awesome man. Glad that bleached rock worked out for you. Love the tank dimensions, might have to buy one myself smile.png

Go for it. If I do a next tank, it will be 72x36x20, but I need to fill up this tank and start making more money before that can happen.

Bleached rock seem to be doing well, but only time will tell. Still adding some additional bacteria to help with bio load.

Got some more work done on my first closet over the weekend. Drilled out my last 1.5" hole for the return and bought some more pipe, etc.

Got the water change tower built. I'm thinking FW on top and SW on the middle shelf. I have the bottom shelf for storage.

a37670b1.jpg

Fits real nice right next to my frag/fuge stand. The sump will go underneath the frag/fuge stand.

6337bbbc.jpg

I also dropped 2 - 15AMP GFCI to the closet which will help me contain the power into this closet. My father in law thinks I'm crazy for adding 2 - 15 AMP circuits, but better safe than sorry.

26db95b3.jpg

All the corals are doing well. I plan to re-aquascape today and hopefully find a sump. That is the last remaining piece of the puzzle before I'm able to plumb everything and get the switch over completed.

I ended up losing my last anthias and a small PJ cardinal over the weekend. Not sure what happened. Maybe the 3 baby chromis did them in.

Sorry to hear about the fish man. Looks like your making some good progress though for a solid build.

Closet looks amazing! great work.

Thanks guys. Next step is to get water made and into the containers again. They are all cleaned out and ready to go.