Juiceman

Looks great bud. Once those sps colonies grow in on the tops of those rocks, its going to be killer! Great aquascaping. I want to do something similar in my tank.

Is that giant green goni the one I gave you to save or a different one? Its giant!

Sounds like you invited darth vader to the video recording... and he was building you a new stand in the background. Lol.

Looks great bud. Once those sps colonies grow in on the tops of those rocks, its going to be killer! Great aquascaping. I want to do something similar in my tank.

Is that giant green goni the one I gave you to save or a different one? Its giant!

Sounds like you invited darth vader to the video recording... and he was building you a new stand in the background. Lol.

It is not the same one. The one I got from you kept deteriorating. I still have it but it's no Bueno!

Go black, I think the overflows will blend better.  If you go blue, I'm afraid those overflows will stick out like a sore thumb.

I wanted a blue background until I tried it with one of those plastic backgrounds I had laying around. The overflow and black powerheads really stuck out. Amazing tank by the way, wow!

I've had blue and black.

I'm liking my blue on my latest build. I don't notice the overflow so much but, you have to clean the back glass or it looks bad. Overall, I think I like blue on the larger tank and black is good on a smaller tank but, definitely paint the back some way or another.

• 3 months later...

Wow everything looks amazing. I'll make sure to bring my own bag the next time I go over there for some shopping. How are you liking the painted back glass?

I actually did the plastic back you get from any pet store. I like it. Gives more depth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Update video coming soon.

Things are getting back to normal after my Brook/Flukes/ICH fiasco.

All QT'd fish are back in the tank and looking good. I've already talked with Niko and we're working on Tang Restocking!

Corals are doing well. I noticed some STN at the base on two acros and started looking for any issues IE, tesing ALK, etc.

Looked at my Bio-Pellets to find they had stopped tumbling. The pump has a lever on it for the flow rate, and it had been turned down some how, I had a big BLACK clog of Bio-Pellets at the bottom of the reactor. Smelled horrible once I got it out to clean and get rid of the bad pellets. I added some fresh to make up for what I had to pull out, and turned the pump back up, and we're back in business!

I wonder why I didn't have more issues from the Black Bio Pellets, clearly they were covered with dead and dying Bacteria and they smelled HORRIBLE. worse than any skimmate.